August 2014 Moms

Natural induction methods

I'm a STM who is wishing to VBAC. My doctor would like for me to go by this Friday (39 wks) or sched a RCS. I've done everything, but nothing seems to be working. I had my membranes stripped for the second time today and just took some castor oil. So we'll see. What methods have you STM + tried??

Re: Natural induction methods

• My first was 15 days overdue.  Absolutely nothing worked for me other than pitocin, sorry to say.  If the baby's not ready to come, they won't.  That being said, they can schedule a RCS, but there's no law saying you have to show up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • With my son I drank cinnamon tea, walked, skipped and drove on bumpy roads. Not sure if it really did anything but I did go into labor they night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pineapple juice, evening primrose oil, sex, staying active...

Ditto what others have said 39 weeks is not 40, doesn't sound like your OB is giving you much of a chance.  You can't force it if they're not ready.

Sorry you're between a rock and a hard place :-(  Good luck!

• My midwives have said that usually with membrane stripping it takes two times. FX it works for you tonight!
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Caster oil is what I think worked for me, but that was at 10 days past my due date. And yea, not a pleasant bathroom situation. As others said, stay hydrated!
  • Nothing. Nothing works. Haha. Babies come when they are ready. Which I'm sure is so annoying to hear by now, but it's really true! :)
    Hang in there.
    Your best chance for a successful vbac is to wait. Let your doctor know you want to. They can't make you do anything you don't want to.
  • What the PPs said.

I'm also hoping for a VBAC but my MWs will not induce for a vbac so I had to schedule a TCS just in case.. but I scheduled it at 41 weeks.

Why 39?

• Stefrusso said:
    Well, I think the second stripping may have worked - I've been having contractions for about 3 hrs about 3-5 min apart and they're getting g stronger!! So hopefully they don't crap out. To answer the ? Of why 39 wks - they think the baby is really big. I've not scheduled a RCS I'm trying to push back as much as I can. Ultrasounds can be wrong about size and I don't have GD so I feel like my body didn't grow a baby bigger than I can handle. Wish me luck!!!
    Good luck!  I was doing the Raspberry Leaf Tea and I did feel like it helped! Keep us posted
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

• Good luck @stefrusso! Any updates?
  • I tried castor oil with my first and hate to say it failed. It caused severe contractions but I never got past 2 cm and the contractions stopped after about 4-6 hours. I've heard results from castor oil are about 50/50 so I hope it works for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Stefrusso said:
    Well, I think the second stripping may have worked - I've been having contractions for about 3 hrs about 3-5 min apart and they're getting g stronger!! So hopefully they don't crap out. To answer the ? Of why 39 wks - they think the baby is really big. I've not scheduled a RCS I'm trying to push back as much as I can. Ultrasounds can be wrong about size and I don't have GD so I feel like my body didn't grow a baby bigger than I can handle. Wish me luck!!!
    You're right! Hope everything's going well for ya!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"