Stay at Home Moms

Jammies for baby with fat feet

I figured this was as good a place as any to ask... DS just started outgrowing his 9 month sleepers, and so I got some 12 month ones. I know they're supposed to be super snug because of the stupid fire hazard stuff, but I couldn't get his feet in them! They are too fat! What on earth do I do? We like to keep our house really cold at night, so I really want him in footie sleepers because I don't think he'll keep socks on. Even slo I'm afraid the ankle band will still be super tight. This is crazy because he's not big by any means, but he does have kind of blocky feet. Help!

Re: Jammies for baby with fat feet

• They are the Just One You Carters from Target
  • I found that The Just For You by Carter's ran a size small. I'd return them and get the regular Carter's brand from their outlet.
  • Loading the player...
  • They fit him everywhere else (the arms are tight but long, legs are long, etc), I just can't get them on his feet! Well, that's not true, I pulled them about halfway on his feet before they were just too tight and I had to give up.
  • We've always done well with Children's Place.  My kids have huge feet and hands.  We don't use the snug jammies after having one pair and not being able to get them over hands and feet.

For reference
    @ 12 months DS1 was 25% for height/weight foot size was 82% and hand size was 75%  
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • I love Hanna Anderson pj's, they are spendy, but we've been able to get away with only buying 2 pair in sizes 50, 70, and 90 to get DD from birth to almost 2 (the 90's will fit her for the next year plus). They also hold up well for hand me downs or resale.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also found those one run really small. I would return for a bigger size.
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Could you just put a little snip in them where the elastic is? If you cut it, even on one side, then shouldn't won't fit as tight. I've been known to rip the seem so toes can stick out then they get to short too :)
    We also have some Disney brand PJs that don't have elastic on the ankles. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"