Baby Names
Options

Name my son! (Not really)

edited July 2014 in Baby Names
We're constantly falling in love with a name then it wears off, and it's happened again. Of note: 1) We are from the South, and don't mind "country" names 2) Jacob is popular in the US, but not so popular in my state. 3) DS1 is Jonas 4) We may change our mind again next week. 5) Last name starts with H ends with ER, 2 syllables.

ETA: Jacob is also the name of my 5 year old nephew who died 15 years ago, which I think would be a really sweet way to memorialize him, BUT if that makes it creepy, please tell me now. My sister is 100% fine with it.

Name my son! (Not really) 197 votes

Wyatt Brooks
35% 70 votes
Jacob Aaron
35% 69 votes
Jacob Wyatt
20% 40 votes
Your names suck, here is my input.
9% 18 votes

Re: Name my son! (Not really)

• Options
    DaisyZHDaisyZH member
    edited July 2014
    I like Jacob Wyatt! ETA: Just saw your note, I agree in this situation I'd use Aaron Jacob

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    I really like Wyatt Brooks, but I like Jacob and the fact that it was your nephews name, it's very sweet and not creepy at all. Normally I would just go for Wyatt Brooks but in this case with the sentimental value I say Jacob Wyatt
  • Options
    CMSAVCMSAV member

I love the name Jacob, but I wouldn't use it as a FN in your situation. Don't care for Wyatt, personally.

What about:

Benjamin, Dustin (nn Dusty, if you like Cowboyish names), Otis, Zeke... sorry, kind of random suggestions

• Options
    I voted Jacob Aaron but I prefer Aaron Jacob:)
  • Options
    I would only MN a name meant to memorialize a child who has passed away. The fact that Jacob has the same first letter as DS1 makes it a definite no-go for me. 

Aaron compliments Jonas, so my vote is for Aaron Jacob.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think Jacob would be much better suited as a middle name to memorialize your nephew. 

This
  • Options
    shannmshannm member
    Keep Jacob in the middle.
  • Options
    I agree, Jacob in the middle. I vote Wyatt Jacob
    "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

• Options
    I like Wyatt Brooks.  Brooks is such a neat name but it would definitely get some raised eyebrows where I live so I couldn't use it.

Well, i guess I could actually use it but I know my family would give us a hard time if we chose Brooks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers 

• Options
    I like Jacob Wyatt. Wyatt is fresh and unexpected in the middle and he sounds like a handsome cowboy.
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Options
    I'm from the south also and really like Wyatt Brooks!
  • Options
    I voted for Wyatt Brooks, but I like the idea of using Jacob as a middle name with Wyatt or Aaron.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Even if your sister is 100% ok with it, I would use Jacob as the middle name.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. My sister is going on and on about how much it would mean to her if I used it, and I mentioned a middle name and she was "Please dont do that!" so now I am conflicted, haha.

I appriciate the input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"