Preemies
Options

Our little man has arrived

On Sunday night I started bleeding heavily and it was discovered that our little man's placenta had detached. After an emergency c-section our son arrived weighing in at 2lbs 5oz and 13 1/2 inches long. At just 27w 3d gestation we know he has a long road ahead. I look forward to learning as much as I can from this board. Any advice/tips you can give are greatly appreciated.
DS born 7/5/2001
Married DH 2010
TTC since 2010
8 IUI and 2 IVF cycles
BFP - TWINS! - Lost twin A at 17w5d 
Still pregnant with Twin B!!!! Due 10/16/2014
Hospital bed rest 5/10-7/20
William born at 27 weeks and 3 days

Re: Our little man has arrived

• Options
    Welcome and congratulations! Please remember to take care of yourself mentally and physically. Your little guy has the most expensive baby sitters available and will need mommy in good shape when he busts out of there. It's going to be a little while before he is home and the weeks can get long so focusing on the daily victories is super important. Be as involved as you can be and ask questions. You are his #1 advocate and his voice.

This is a very supportive and helpful board. If helped me get through so much and I hope we can help you too.
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    My little guy came last year at 24 weeks and 2 days. He spent 116 days in the NICU. He is 18 months now and he is amazing. He has overcome so much. He is tiny but has no severe problems.
    It was an overwhelming and helpless feeling at first but as time goes by my husband and I learned that we needed to be strong by our sons side and cry in the hallways or on the way home.
    My biggest piece of advice would be write everything down. It all hits you so fast. Keep a journal and ask a NICU nurse what preemie guide book they recommend. Not everything will pertain to your son but that way you can go home and look things up when they say something that you don't understand or want to know more about. Also, if possible and when your son becomes more stable ask to hold him skin on skin! There is not better feeling and he will thrive from your touch! Good luck and we will pray for your family.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pips09Pips09 member
    Congrats on your baby!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congratulations on your little miracle! My son was 2 lb 5 oz at 29 weeks and we spent 115 days in the NICU. It is a tough road, but be sure to give yourself time to digest what has happened (it'll be totally normal to cry alot) even if that means taking some time away from the NICU every now and then. It was so helpful to me to be on this board and the Preemie Resources blog to get support from other preemie mommies. As hard as they'll try - no one who hasn't been a NICU parent will understand what you are going through.
  • Options
    Congrats!  You do have a long road ahead of you, but you will make it through!  Try to take one day at a time and celebrate all of the little milestones (it makes the hard days a bit easier).  Take care of yourself, it will help you take care of your baby.  Ask all the questions you have (this board is a great resource).  T&Ps to you and your baby.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"