Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How much to feed my baby?

I am breast feeding my LO and he eats on demand. I go back to work in a couple of weeks and am bringing him to a nanny with pumped milk I have been storing! Being a first time mom, I'm not sure how this should work, so, my question is, how much should she be feeding him at each feeding and how long in between feedings?

Re: How much to feed my baby?

• Options
    mcvgalmcvgal member
    edited July 2014
    Will your LO be the nanny's only charge? I only ask because it may be a good idea to take extra and have the nanny store any excess for the following day? DS2 is 1 month and is breastfed all the time except for 1 bottle per week. We are trying to get him ready for when I go back to work. Anyway, he can take 3 oz right now. Hope that helps.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    I started introducing the bottle to my lo about a week ago so daddy could take a few "night shifts" (hell sleep for 2 hours at night then think it's morning and want to play/eat)

He didn't take the bottle well and I had try 5 different kinds before I found one that works for us.. so my only advice would be start giving lo a bottle once or twice a day to get him used to it... Because if you don't and he refuses to take the bottle.... I feel bad for the nanny lol
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/milkcalc/

you can use the above calculator to help you estimate amount

in terms of time in between, i would recommend you start keeping track of roughly how often your LO eats.  we do on demand as well and LO eats roughly every 2-3 hours. you could also ask your nanny to look for cues. 

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"