May 2014 Moms

Tylenol Repeat... Can't find the thread :(

Someone posted the infant dosage guide for infant Tylenol but I can't seem to find it. LO has his two month shots tomorrow and I want to make sure I give him the right amount. Thanks for your help and sorry for the repeat!

Re: Tylenol Repeat... Can't find the thread :(

• This young it's based on weight and since babies can very greatly I'd ask to be sure. Our pedi told us right away and wrote it down just to be safe!
    BabyName Tickerimage
  • Yeah he said we could give it a half hour before. I could always call in the am but wanted to see if that mysterious poster could u
  • Loading the player...
  • Upload the chart again. Premature posting :(
  • Here it is again. Infants Motrin.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was told babies this young cannot take Motrin/ibuprofen. I was told 2.5 Mls of Tylenol but that was based on weight. Wait to see what your LO weighs at the appointment then the nurse/doc should give you the dose based off that
  • gutsysneakersgutsysneakers member
    edited July 2014
    @haylo33‌ - I was told the exact opposite. They have me this chart when we went in for her 2 month shots.

Eta. This chart is confusing. Is it based off weight or age? We didn't give dd anything. But now I'm curious. What if your LO is under 6 months but weighs 12 lbs?

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Ask your pedi tomorrow. And check to see while solution you have. There is a new solution with different guidelines. There is an 80mg and a 160 mg. my pedi originally gave me the dosage for the 80, as that is what they always used. When I got home I realized I had the newer 160 mg solution. They each have a different dosage.
  • Yeah I'm in the Tylenol only boat. I'll have to call in the am.
  • Eh. I rather give my kid apap rather than ibu. Mostly because I'd hate upsetting his stomach with the ibuprofen.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• We were also told not to give Tylenol with shots because it can decrease the effectiveness of them. They might build a very low grade fever after shots and that is good. It means their body is building antibodies like it needs to.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Meh, the doctors office brought in Tylenol to give to give to dd but she spit it all out. Ha! You might be worried about how much for nothing if yours does that too! It made for a very interesting oral vaccine time - she screamed the whole time!!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @MK1013‌ our pedi went slow in giving the oral vaccine so he would get as much of it as possible. I would not be impressed if they just squirted it all at once like that.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• @MK1013‌ our pedi went slow in giving the oral vaccine so he would get as much of it as possible. I would not be impressed if they just squirted it all at once like that.

Exactly this!! Very slowly and she screamed like she was being tortured but I'd prefer that over squirting the whole thing! Who decided oral vaccines were a good idea for babies anyway? What if they spit it all up??
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was also told no ibuprofen before 6months, only Tylenol. You go by weight not age, but got to make sure that the dosage you use is for the right concentration of Tylenol syrup.
  • Haha my LO gobbled up the oral vaccine. My pedi gave it slowly to make sure he swallowed and didn't choke. I wouldn't like if he just shoved it all down- they should know better!
  • My LO also took the oral vac like a champ. They did it slow and let him swallow so he didn't choke. He fussed a little during it but he drank it. Also my pedi said to give him 2.5ml of Tylenol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"