Breastfeeding

How do you keep track of which side you nursed last?

I recently stopped tracking feeds on my phone and now I'm struggling with remembering which side baby fed on last. What trick do you use?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you keep track of which side you nursed last?

• A hair tie on the wrist did the trick for me in the beginning when I stopped tracking. Apparently they make little clips for your bra strap that you can move also.

Now half the time I forget to clasp my bra again, so I no the closed side is the one I need to do next! My guy only takes one side a feeding now so I usually can feel a difference in which breast is the one that needs to be nursed
    imageimage
    Cooper & Melody.     My Rescues <3

• Same as PP - I used a hair tie on my wrist.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't really had a problem remembering. DD only takes one side each feeding. If I do forget I just feel myself up and feed from whichever side feels more full.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Hair tie on the wrist.
  • For a few weeks I used the hair tie too... then like @Casey78 you can feel which one was the last ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• purtzpurtz member
    My left boob is a big producer, so we usually start there.

• jenn43jenn43 member
    I also just do whichever feels more full. If there's no difference, i starting the low producing side to encourage it to make more milk. I think it's working- they're starting to even out at 12 weeks.
  • Like pretty much everyone else, I feed from whichever side feels fuller. A lot of the time though, she'll take both sides. The exception is bedtime where she'll take one side fully and then just snack on the other side for a minute or two. I tend to give her my higher producer side (righty) at that time in hopes she won't wake up for a motn feeding.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I've had major issues with this. I'm constantly asking DH if he remembers (and he usually does not). The hair tie idea is a good one
  • I was not able to do this without an app.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"