Pregnant after a Loss

First Tri Check-in

2»

Re: First Tri Check-in

• Thank you for running the check in, @footprint‌ , this is a big job!

EDD/Week/FruitWorries (rational or irrational)

Sweet pea. I can only pray thst the little guy is working on blueberry.

I am still spotting, and it comes and goes in roughly 10 hour cycles. The amount is less, but enough that I still am exhausted from worrying. I have to go back to work today, and I have no idea how I'll deal with that.

I did take a pregnancy test last night, just out of worry. It came out darker than the control line, so I must be up to my eyeballs in hcg. That was heartening to see.

Appointments scheduledUpcoming milestones/Loss datesQoTW:

Still waiting for the 7/31 appointment. I decided to just visit that new gyno and see if that one nurse was just an anomaly. She's one of the only gynos in the are that specialize in natural labor, so I'm hoping she's good.

What does your SN mean? (I get it if you don't want to answer because of security concerns or whatnot.)

My screen name is for the Hawaiian goddess of fire, Pele. I just like the whimsy of a fire goddess dreaming of rain.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • This is my last checkin for first trimester! Anyone doing a second trimester one? I'm feeling good after cerclage @footprint‌ had brown discharge and some mild cramping , I just used Tylenol :) had harmony it was neg and we are team pink! So excited!! Edd/fruit?....1/19/2015 an orange or tangerine can't tell from my ticker! Lol I'm 14 weeks 2 days! Worries rational/ irrational?...lots of good news this week so worried other shoe will drop ...:( hate pgal brain! Appts scheduled?....August 4th for u/s and checkup on cerclage. Upcoming milestones?...passed them all can't figure out why I'm still worrying:( .... QOTW ...what does sn mean? It's sweet but boring? Lol Samuel is my son's name and H is from Albania , they add I on end of name to show girl/ boy names when talking :) so I'm samueli's momma:)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Loading the player...
  • @footprint - Thanks for handling the 1st tri check-in! I do have an ultrasound and OB appointment scheduled for August 15. It's still a ways off, but less than a month!

EDD/Week/Fruit
    3/20/15 - 5w5d - apple seed

Worries (rational or irrational) 
    I'm actually doing pretty well this week. Work is keeping me busy, so I haven't had too much time to worry.

Appointments scheduled
    I have an u/s and OB appointment scheduled for August 15. I'm going in for another HCG and progesterone check on July 29, so that's less than a week away.

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates
    None in the immediate future.

QoTW: What does your SN mean? (I get it if you don't want to answer because of security concerns or whatnot.)
    I really like tiger lilies. The number is not significant (I was just trying to use a number that probably hadn't been taken), but now I'm hoping that 2015 will be the year of my first take home child!

BFP #1 on 3/26/14.  M/C on 4/29/14 (Blighted ovum).
    BFP #2 on 7/6/14.  EDD 3/19/15. 
  • aklengakleng member
    Thanks for the check-in @footprint!

EDD/Week/Fruit  3.5.15/7w6d/Blueberry today but raspberry tomorrow.

Worries (rational or irrational) I'm feeling much better this week, not sure if it was the awful nausea had on Monday that made me feel more reassured. Seriously, I thought I was going to puke on the train on my way into work. Still checking the TP every time, but I feel like it might be more out of habit at this point and less pure fear. Other than that, just feeling some anxiety going into my first appointment.

Appointments scheduled Next Tuesday (finally!). It will be an u/s and appointment with the doctor. 

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates My first LO stopped developing between 8-9 weeks (discovered at 11), so my appointment next week will basically be my first milestone. I'll probably be a wreck going into the u/s but just keeping everything crossed that this one keeps on growing! 

QoTW: What does your SN mean? (I get it if you don't want to answer because of security concerns or whatnot.) My SN is pretty boring. For some reason I have a hard time coming up with clever ones.
    For SuzyQ
    and all M15 loss moms
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 12/31/13, EDD 09/12/14, MMC Discovered 02/20/14 (10w6d) Est. Loss @ 8-9w, MC 02/22/14
    BFP #2 06/25/14, EDD 02/28/15 Grow Baby, Grow!
    It's a BOY!!
    All After a Loss Welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @footprint‌ lol ZacEffron medicine love it.
    But no throwing up just so icky feeling. Like I feel like I'm going to get sick yet I don't. I almost wish I would throw up just to get maybe an ounce of relief.

Zofran is what I was thinking of, you can see my confusion! I think thy prescribe it even if you aren't throwing up.

Married August 2003

BFP: January 8, 2012
    Due: September 5, 2012
    DS: August 14, 2012

BFP: November 5, 2013
    Due: July 11, 2014
    MMC Detected d&c: December 29, 2013 12w5d

BFP: June 10, 2014
    Due: February 16, 2015

Pregnancy Ticker

I am still spotting, and it comes and goes in roughly 10 hour cycles. The amount is less, but enough that I still am exhausted from worrying. I have to go back to work today, and I have no idea how I'll deal with that.

I did take a pregnancy test last night, just out of worry. It came out darker than the control line, so I must be up to my eyeballs in hcg. That was heartening to see.

Still waiting for the 7/31 appointment. I decided to just visit that new gyno and see if that one nurse was just an anomaly. She's one of the only gynos in the are that specialize in natural labor, so I'm hoping she's good.

What does your SN mean? (I get it if you don't want to answer because of security concerns or whatnot.)

My screen name is for the Hawaiian goddess of fire, Pele. I just like the whimsy of a fire goddess dreaming of rain.

Good luck. I'm not sure what else to say. I wish I could say something to make everything all right and make you not worry. Everyone is sending T&Ps and love.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker

Good luck. I'm not sure what else to say. I wish I could say something to make everything all right and make you not worry. Everyone is sending T&Ps and love. Please take care of yourself.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is my last checkin for first trimester! Anyone doing a second trimester one?
    I'm feeling good after cerclage @footprint‌ had brown discharge and some mild cramping , I just used Tylenol :) had harmony it was neg and we are team pink! So excited!!

Edd/fruit?....1/19/2015 an orange or tangerine can't tell from my ticker! Lol I'm 14 weeks 2 days!
    Worries rational/ irrational?...lots of good news this week so worried other shoe will drop ...:( hate pgal brain!
    Appts scheduled?....August 4th for u/s and checkup on cerclage.

Upcoming milestones?...passed them all can't figure out why I'm still worrying:( ....

QOTW ...what does sn mean? It's sweet but boring? Lol Samuel is my son's name and H is from Albania , they add I on end of name to show girl/ boy names when talking :) so I'm samueli's momma:)

Congrats on graduating! Stop back if you need anything! Love the explanation of your SN!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @footprint - Thanks for handling the 1st tri check-in! I do have an ultrasound and OB appointment scheduled for August 15. It's still a ways off, but less than a month!

EDD/Week/Fruit
    3/20/15 - 5w5d - apple seed

I'm actually doing pretty well this week. Work is keeping me busy, so I haven't had too much time to worry.

Appointments scheduled
    I have an u/s and OB appointment scheduled for August 15. I'm going in for another HCG and progesterone check on July 29, so that's less than a week away.

None in the immediate future.

QoTW: What does your SN mean? (I get it if you don't want to answer because of security concerns or whatnot.)
    I really like tiger lilies. The number is not significant (I was just trying to use a number that probably hadn't been taken), but now I'm hoping that 2015 will be the year of my first take home child!

It's nice when other things keep you too busy to worry! Fx for great HcG and progesterone levels!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • footprintfootprint member
    edited July 2014
    akleng said:

Thanks for the check-in @footprint!

EDD/Week/Fruit  3.5.15/7w6d/Blueberry today but raspberry tomorrow.

Worries (rational or irrational) I'm feeling much better this week, not sure if it was the awful nausea had on Monday that made me feel more reassured. Seriously, I thought I was going to puke on the train on my way into work. Still checking the TP every time, but I feel like it might be more out of habit at this point and less pure fear. Other than that, just feeling some anxiety going into my first appointment.

Appointments scheduled Next Tuesday (finally!). It will be an u/s and appointment with the doctor. 

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates My first LO stopped developing between 8-9 weeks (discovered at 11), so my appointment next week will basically be my first milestone. I'll probably be a wreck going into the u/s but just keeping everything crossed that this one keeps on growing! 

QoTW: What does your SN mean? (I get it if you don't want to answer because of security concerns or whatnot.) My SN is pretty boring. For some reason I have a
    hard time coming up with clever ones.

Good luck at your u/s! That sudden, severe nausea is a doozy isn't it? For me it seems like it passes quickly, though.
    I find it reassuring too.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • aklengakleng member
    jcar2 said:
    Sorry I'm a day late. 

EDD/Week/Fruit  March 3/8 weeks 1 day/raspberry

Worries (rational or irrational) I'm feeling better about my symptoms this time around.

Appointments scheduled U/S Tuesday.  OB appt on 8/4

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates We found out LO was weeks behind in growth at the first u/s in my previous pregnancy which also occurred at 9 weeks.  We then found that LO passed at the follow up u/s at 11 weeks.  I'll probably be a wreck going into the u/s.  I'm already getting nervous.

Hang in there, appointment buddy! I'm also probably going to be a nervous wreck, so we'll get through Tuesday together. Have everything crossed for a great u/s for you!
    For SuzyQ
    and all M15 loss moms
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 12/31/13, EDD 09/12/14, MMC Discovered 02/20/14 (10w6d) Est. Loss @ 8-9w, MC 02/22/14
    BFP #2 06/25/14, EDD 02/28/15 Grow Baby, Grow!
    It's a BOY!!
    All After a Loss Welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jcar2 said:

Sorry I'm a day late. 

EDD/Week/Fruit  March 3/8 weeks 1 day/raspberry

Worries (rational or irrational) I'm feeling better about my symptoms this time around.

Appointments scheduled U/S Tuesday.  OB appt on 8/4

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates We found out LO was weeks behind in growth at the first u/s in my previous pregnancy which also occurred at 9 weeks.  We then found that LO passed at the follow up u/s at 11 weeks.  I'll probably be a wreck going into the u/s.  I'm already getting nervous.

I'm glad you are feeling better about your symptoms this time. I was a wreck going in for my u/s too.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • msyrsmsyrs member
    Hello hello,
    Monday's appointment didn't start out so great- my OB spent at least 10minutes trying to find HB with Doppler before sending me to get an ultrasound.... And after what felt like forever we saw our little one jumping and wiggling around, The US tech was like "no wonder she couldn't find it- this baby is bouncing off the walls!"- huge sigh of relief after another scare!

EDD/fruit/week: jan 30, still a plum, 12wks 5days
    Worries: deciding when and how we will announce, we already feel stressed and overwhelmed.... I'm just not ready to share our news. I feel like as soon as we tell our family and close friends we will either be harrassed about what's going on and how the baby is and/or we will get "advice" on what I should/shouldn't be doing this pregnancy.... I don't think I can handle it!
    Appointments: Friday, 1st tri screen at MFM
    QoTW: nothing fancy, just a shortened version of my name!
  • footprintfootprint member
    edited July 2014
    msyrs said:

Hello hello,
    Monday's appointment didn't start out so great- my OB spent at least 10minutes trying to find HB with Doppler before sending me to get an ultrasound.... And after what felt like forever we saw our little one jumping and wiggling around, The US tech was like "no wonder she couldn't find it- this baby is bouncing off the walls!"- huge sigh of relief after another scare!

EDD/fruit/week: jan 30, still a plum, 12wks 5days
    Worries: deciding when and how we will announce, we already feel stressed and overwhelmed.... I'm just not ready to share our news. I feel like as soon as we tell our family and close friends we will either be harrassed about what's going on and how the baby is and/or we will get "advice" on what I should/shouldn't be doing this pregnancy.... I don't think I can handle it!
    Appointments: Friday, 1st tri screen at MFM
    QoTW: nothing fancy, just a shortened version of my name!

That would have freaked me out at the doctor's too! I'm glad you saw your little acrobat! If you aren't ready to tell your news, then don't. But whenever you do choose to tell your news, be it tomorrow or five weeks from now, you will be harassed and overwhelmed by (usually) asinine advice. It helped me to remember that all of the harassment and advice comes from a place of love (for the most part). I would just nod, and smile, and listen for my name.

ETA a close parenthesis.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • maryhr1 said:

:-h

Week/Fruit: I'm 8wks 6days, Raspberry

Worries (rational or irrational) : I've been doing really good until yesterday am. I had a slight freak out thinking that I may be having another MMC. If baby is still healthy and growing this is the most pregnant we've ever been. Just hoping LO is doing just fine. I guess that's all I can do until our next apt.

Appointments scheduled: SO FAR AWAY...8/8 is the next OB apt, and 8/12 is N/T Scan...time machine please!

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates: Sunday was our first angel babies EDD. I did better than I expected. Didn't break down till late eve.

QoTW: Mary, my name :)

@Kefttsc yay for ninja babies!!

@Racegurl87 FX for a great apt tomorrow!! Get some rest tonight!

@mandi195 waiting for these first apts is the worst! you wanna jump in my time machine with me!?

@spazzz333 I've been ready but my DH is still not. He's just still too worried. :(

@dragonfly1809 (((hugs sweetie))) Australia!! That sounds like a dream trip! What a wonderful thing to be able to do!!

@hweise85 (((hugs)))! how fortunate you are getting so many U/Ss! I hope they help ease your mind.

@larahouseman Yay 2nd tri!! That's awesome!

@asouza100 I hope your LO shows you a great HB for your anniversary!

@laurao11 I hope he will do betas for you to help your PgAL brain! ((hugs))

@jengalbraith818 how many goats do you have!? I would love to have some!!

@amanda33758 passing your first mini milestone hopefully helps your PgAL brain!

@danielle0311 my nt scan is the day aft yours...(((hugs)))

@wendyld that will be great to pass them all at once! Next week!
    I hope time goes fast and gets us both to our nt appts! ((Hugs)) back at you :)

Me (30) DH (31) Married 5/13, TTC since 2/13
    BFP #1 Blighted Ovum resulting in D&C on 11/1/13
    BFP #2 Ectopic Pg, lap surgery on 3/12/14, R tube removed

BFP # 3, EDD 2/21/15 * please be our rainbow*
  • CaraHCaraH member
    EDD/Week/Fruit
    8w3d, somewhere between a raspberry and grape

I'm doing pretty well right now.  I've had a couple of PGAL brain moments when my symptoms were quiet, but since that hasn't happened much it isn't much of a problem.

Appointments scheduled
    I meet with the genetics counselor, have another ultrasound and see my OB on 8/11.  My big ultrasound - the first one - was last week and as I posted could not have gone better.

I've passed my loss milestones, though I'm feeling very aware that I expected to be hugely pregnant right now (EDD was 9/15) and instead I'm just a little bit pregnant. 
  • EDD/Week/Fruit: Feb 28, 8 weeks, raspberry

Worries (rational or irrational): Well, I was feeling pretty good after yesterday morning when I had a sono ( @footprint - yes I did have my sono, yesterday! And yes, sono and u/s are the same thing :) ). Everything looked great, baby was measuring just two days behind my due date so that won't change and heartbeat was 162. But then the doc called today to tell me I have a subchronic bleed/clot in my uterus. I had one of those last time- and things ended badly. Not related to that, but still, now I'm horribly nervous again.

Appointments scheduled: The doc wants to check on my hematoma again so I'll be getting another sono on Monday August 4th, and then I have an OB appt scheduled for the 5th. At least I get another u/s out of the deal!!

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates: My 10 year high school reunion is the Friday- I was supposed to be cute 2nd tri pregnant. Instead I'm yucky bloated 1st tri pregnant and won't tell anyone. Boo. 

QoTW: What does your SN mean? (I get it if you don't want to answer because of security concerns or whatnot.): lol it's okay, I'm not too worried about stalkers ;) Mine is my last name, and the month Eric and I got engaged. Originally we were going to get married in 2007 as well, but then we moved it up to '06.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• CaraH said:

EDD/Week/Fruit
    8w3d, somewhere between a raspberry and grape

I'm doing pretty well right now.  I've had a couple of PGAL brain moments when my symptoms were quiet, but since that hasn't happened much it isn't much of a problem.

Appointments scheduled
    I meet with the genetics counselor, have another ultrasound and see my OB on 8/11.  My big ultrasound - the first one - was last week and as I posted could not have gone better.

I've passed my loss milestones, though I'm feeling very aware that I expected to be hugely pregnant right now (EDD was 9/15) and instead I'm just a little bit pregnant. 
    I am so happy the u/s went well! I hope your PgAL brain stays quiet!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsRoy07 said:

EDD/Week/Fruit: Feb 28, 8 weeks, raspberry

Worries (rational or irrational): Well, I was feeling pretty good after yesterday morning when I had a sono ( @footprint - yes I did have my sono, yesterday! And yes, sono and u/s are the same thing :) ). Everything looked great, baby was measuring just two days behind my due date so that won't change and heartbeat was 162. But then the doc called today to tell me I have a subchronic bleed/clot in my uterus. I had one of those last time- and things ended badly. Not related to that, but still, now I'm horribly nervous again.

Appointments scheduled: The doc wants to check on my hematoma again so I'll be getting another sono on Monday August 4th, and then I have an OB appt scheduled for the 5th. At least I get another u/s out of the deal!!

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates: My 10 year high school reunion is the Friday- I was supposed to be cute 2nd tri pregnant. Instead I'm yucky bloated 1st tri pregnant and won't tell anyone. Boo. 

QoTW: What does your SN mean? (I get it if you don't want to answer because of security concerns or whatnot.): lol it's okay, I'm not too worried about stalkers ;) Mine is my last name, and the month Eric and I got engaged. Originally we were going to get married in 2007 as well, but then we moved it up to '06.
    What a great hb! Must have been a relief to see that! I am sorry about the subchronic clot/bleed. I have no familiarity with those. Is it just monitored? Or removed? Fx for your next u/s and appointment.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD/Week/Fruit
    2/12/15- 11 weeks, lime

when should we start telling everyone

Appointments scheduled
    Met with the genetic counselor today and did the Panorama test. Just sitting on pins and needles now. 

Looking forward to reaching second tri soon. My daughter's due date would have been Aug 7. I am still grasping with a way to remember her on this day. 

I saw nohalo on a license plate years ago when I was going through my divorce. It sort of just stuck since then. 21 is my birthdate.
  • nohalo21 said:
    EDD/Week/Fruit
    2/12/15- 11 weeks, lime

when should we start telling everyone

Appointments scheduled
    Met with the genetic counselor today and did the Panorama test. Just sitting on pins and needles now. 

Looking forward to reaching second tri soon. My daughter's due date would have been Aug 7. I am still grasping with a way to remember her on this day. 

I saw nohalo on a license plate years ago when I was going through my divorce. It sort of just stuck since then. 21 is my birthdate.
    Welcome to the board! I saw your intro earlier. Welcome, too, to first tri check-in! A lot of people struggle with when to tell people. I am a big blabbermouth but this time I was able to wait until about 8 weeks to tell everyone, which is 4 weeks later than my last too pregnancies. I think as long as you and Mr. Nohalo are on the same page and you are both comfortable, you should be okay. Do what feels right to you and you probably won't go wrong. I love your tortoise pic, too!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey ladies,

Just laying low this week. I'm feeling pretty good instead of totally miserable which freaks me out a lot. Also there has been some facebook drama lately which has kept me off of the internet (not me just some friends posting some things that can be hard AL).

I did a progesterone today and the numbers look great, most importantly no bleeding. I am counting the days to my NT scan and am nervous/afraid. I want to stalk my OB and have him do an U/S for me in the meantime so I can stop worrying. Obviously I won't jump out of the bushes at his office or anything but I have thought about it in my weaker moments. Don't worry, I won't do it I just know all of you would get a kick out of that admission. I don't want to have to bump from jail, LOL.

My SN is my name (Jackie) and my city (Chicago). So it is pretty straightforward.

Good luck and fingers crossed to all of you headed into your NT scans!! <3
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • @footprint‌ I am such a blabber mouth. I'm surprised I have kept quiet this long. I started telling some friends today. I took this pic at the Philly Zoo. They are my favorite, along with turtles.
  • Sorry for the late check-in.  We were in Mexico for the weekend for a wedding, which I'm considering my babymoon.  But man, did I miss our little lady who had to stay home!  We got back a day later than expected, due to storms in Philly (32 hours of travel...yuk!!)  Today was the little lady's first day of day care and I'm back at work...I'm a bit of a mess, but loving it all.  Just wishing I could have my coffee back!!

EDD/Week/Fruit
    2/22/15- 10 weeks, prune

we just found out that my brother and two of our closest friends are all due within a month of us!  I should be the first to go, but now that we are all out and happy together I'm really afraid of loss...more than before.  But seriously, it's so f'ing exciting to be part of a baby boom among our friends!!
    Appointments scheduled
    I wait for two weeks to get my 12 week check-up, which will be when we "go global" with our news.  Right now, only our closest friends know.
    I'm thankfully past all of my loss milestones, so I've only got the good kind to look forward to right now.
    Simply my name and where I'm from...not too creative!

• sugarpeas79sugarpeas79 member
    edited July 2014
    EDD is 2/25/2014, so I will be 10 weeks tomorrow, prune 

Worries - My PGAL brain was doing really well the last two weeks, we saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks and the doc said everything looked great. I was having symptoms, which while uncomfortable made me feel like things were going well. I kept telling myself I am not going to worry until I see blood. But this weekend my symptoms went away, and I mentioned this to a friend yesterday and the first thing she asked was "are you worried?" I wasn't until she said that! Now I am worried. I know symptoms come and go... But I lost my symptoms first with the last two MCs, and I can't shake the worry. I don't have another ultrasound scheduled, so there is no relief in sight for the worries - so I bought a fetal doppler. I just hope I don't drive myself nuts if I can't find the heartbeat.

Upcoming appointments - next week we go in for the NIPT (I will be 35 at my due date), and the week after I go in for a paperwork-only appointment.

Milestones - my last milestone is coming up, four years ago I had a missed mc at about 8.5 weeks, after my first ultrasound (where i saw the hb and everything, though I was measuring about a week behind where I thought I should be). Didn't discover the LO had passed until 11.5 weeks when I went in for another appointment. So I am extra nervous now.  

Screen name - one of my favorite summer veggies to grow combined with my birth year. I'm thinking of all you ladies, good luck and peace to you.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"