1st Trimester

when did you tell your boss?

I know most people say to wait until your 2nd trimester but I'm bursting with the news! I work In a salon where all of us are very close. I'm only 5 weeks but I'm so exhausted and have been taking off a little early the past week and don't want her to think I'm just slacking! When did you guys tell your boss and how? I don't want her you find out on her own and I already have a little baby pouch (not overweight) !!! What should I do?

Re: when did you tell your boss?

• You can pull your boss aside and let her in on your secret just so she knows why you haven't been yourself at work; then later, tell everyone else.

It's up to you, if something goes wrong do you want these other coworkers of yours knowing?  If they're good friends and will be supportive of you when you need it, go ahead and tell them all. 

Congratulations!

FWIW - I work part time at a salon (and full time at an office) the girls at the salon knew the day I found out because one of them took one look at me and knew lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • haliebabyx3haliebabyx3 member
    edited July 2014

It's really up to you. I told my boss right before I made my announcement on any social media, because I didn't want him to be the last to find out or find out through others. Plus, it's not like he is on social media anyways.

ETA: spelling

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I told my boss after my u/s confirmed a hb at 9 weeks. I told my office at 10 w 4 days because I have been so sick that I spent half the day in the washroom and I figured they knew anyways.

I didn't tell my bosses for my m/c but I asked a coworker to take me to the hospital and he blabbed it to everyone so I wanted to keep it a secret longer, but with my ms I just couldn't hide it anymore.

• Cat&SCat&S member
    At nine weeks, after a dating u/s where everything looked good and we saw/heard the hb.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Thank you guys so much that has really helped! I told my boss today and she was so happy for me! I'm really glad I told her!:)
  • I didn't.  My husband did the day after we got the BFP.  She knew before my parents!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• I'm a legal secretary and work for four attorney's. I told my main assignment/boss that I'm pregnant at 10 weeks (was going to be out for appointments and wanted him in the loop). I just recently told HR and my co-workers are slowly finding out now that I'm starting to show.

• louo88louo88 member
    I told my boss at 5 & half weeks. Was too excited & happy to keep it a secret!
  • I told my boss right away, but he also happens to be my dad!

Me(24), DH (31)
    Married November 2013     TTC#1 Since August 2013
    December 2013... BFP MC (8 weeks)
    April 2014...BFP CP
    June 2014...BFP... 12dpo beta 67...14dpo beta 134!!
    EDD: 3/4/15

image  image image image
  • You tell your boss when you're comfortable telling your boss.

And at 5 weeks, you do not have a baby pouch. You have bloat.
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm thinking of telling my obsess relatively early because I want them to be aware that I may need time off for appointments, etc.   I hit the jackpot when it comes to both of them, and I trust them fully to keep it a secret from everyone else for a while. 

I mean, I plan on telling them before we tell anyone else, including our parents. I know that's weird to some people, but that's just the nature of those relationships. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I told boss & big boss around 8wks- after we saw HB on the u/s.  I said at this point, I will definitely be coming back after maternity leave and don't anticipate major changes with my job unless we have a pt with chemo drugs or specific diseases (CMV, etc). 

Turns out my boss's wife is due 2 days after me :) 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I told my boss last week - that would put me at 5 weeks. I had 2 appointments scheduled during that week due to u/s and wanting to make sure it wasn't ectopic. I wanted her to know why I was requesting to be out so much and not feeling too well - things she would definitely notice. She hasn't said a word to anyone else in the office (as I had asked) but it is nice to know that she is someone I can talk to if I am having a bad (or even good) day. 
  • I'm actually starting a new 6 month contract with a company on Monday and I'm already nervous about telling them. I'm only a few weeks along, and I don't feel any m/s yet, but I do feel tired a lot. I'm not sure how many doctor's appointments I'm going to have before the 10 - 12 week mark...so I don't know if I should mention it or not yet??? 
    TTC History 
    First IUI: 7/7/2014 - 7/21/2014 BFP!!
    8/15/14 - 7 weeks 5 days EP :(

• I told them right away last pregnancy but I am not telling them until after my first appointment/us with this one. I really haven't told much of anyone this time around. It was too painful to tell everyone what happened last time. I don't want to go through that again.
  • I think if you and your boss are close that you could pull just her aside and tell her. Maybe leave the news for the rest of the office when  you are farther along..depending on your job. If your job involves lifting things i think everyone should be aware so they can all pitch in.

DS born 5/15/2010

Trying for #2 Since April 18, 2013 

BFP July 18, 2014

EDD baby #2 March 28, 2015

• I'm nervous about telling my bosses because I'm out on FMLA due to injuries from a car accident.  So ha ha you get me back for a few months and then I'm gone again.  :(
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"