August 2014 Moms
Options

Kudos to STMs+

I'm having a rough morning- cramping and just feeling uncomfortable and tired. I'm a FTM so I'm just lying here on the couch watching hgtv and I was thinking how impressed I am with all you mommas who are dealing with similar pains while still taking care of toddlers/other children who likely don't let you just lounge all day!

Re: Kudos to STMs+

• Options
    Sorry you aren't well.....I have a five and 3 year old boy to care for during it all but thankfully they play with each other so mainly I have to break up fights. When I am really not well they can sense it and often become extra snugly with me.
    Praying this little one sticks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've got a 7yr old and an 18 month old- I'm not sure I could do it without the 7yr olds help!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old.  I've let them watch a lot of TV today!  I feel a little guilty...but it's really hot outside today, and I just don't feel like doing too much.  Every time I get down on the floor it's a struggle to get up again.

In my defense, I did run some errands this morning and I cleaned the bathroom (while telling my 2 year old not to touch anything!  He was pretty good, just watched me).  Plus, I have some laundry going.  So I'm not completely lazy. 

My boys do play together really well, with the occasional fight, of course.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    Thankfully, this pregnancy has been easier then my first. So not too bad.

Chasing her around at the park though... not very appealing at the moment.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have a job as a veterinarian but luckily have today off. Thanks for the well wishes! I chugged some water and feel much better. Might take my mutts for a walk but otherwise I'm accepting a lazy day today! We all need those once in a while.
  • Options
    It's definitely different when there are "outside children" in the mix.  I have a large amount of guilt surrounding how much TV we watch these days :-(

• Options
    We watch a lot more cartoons recently! :( I set aside "quiet time" each day and she knows that's when we can sit down and watch a movie or play an iPad game. I usually try to snooze but sometimes even sitting for an hour helps.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That's why I think it's easier --- at least in that way --- to WOTH. If I need/ want a sick day, MH takes DS to daycare and I take sick leave! If I was a SAHM I wouldn't get that break.

• Options
    +RBL+ said:
    Similar to @ShevaCC, I work full time and DS (15m) is in daycare during the day.  Evenings and weekends can be tough, but H is a huge help and has been fairly understanding.  

I actually find bath time to be the most difficult.  The bending and lifting a 28lb child is exhausting.  But once bath time rolls around, bedtime is right around the corner, so I just push through it.
    THIS!!! Seriously, bath time is going to be the death of me....
  • Options
    caybehcaybeh member
    Yeah, I sit a lot while DS, who is 2, plays. I'll talk with him while he plays.Sometimes he brings me a car to the couch and then we drive them on each other. I am much more tired this pregnancy than I was when I was pregnant with him. I also have a hard time chasing him outside, so if he wants to go outside with me, we play in the fenced in backyard! Which again includes me sitting in the shade.... DH will go on walks with him as I can't keep up with him!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RacllaRaclla member
    Full time job and 13m DD.
    Bath time sucks. DH does it 90% of the time.
    Putting her to bed at night is sad for me. If she's fussy it's hard for me to hold her. I hate I'm missing out on so much because I'm physically unable at this point.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    I just gave both my dogs a bath and texted my girlfriends before doing so just in case I couldn't get back up after I was done!  ;)

How long are you ladies with FT jobs working? My job is pretty physically demanding so I wanted to be done 2 weeks before my due date but I feel like a weenie! We're almost there though...right?!
  • Options
    I have to give both my dogs baths tomorrow... I kind of want to cry just thinking about it.  BUT I refuse to pay for a cleaning lady to come on Thursday only to have my house smell immediately after just because the dogs stink :-(

• Options
    @jennicillin, it took me entirely too long to figure out what you meant by "outside children"...like in the backyard? Huh?...oops! Guess I'll add it to the long list of dumb things I've done/thought/said lately due to pregnancy brain :).
  • Options
    It is hard chasing little kids. I'm really lucky because my mom is a teacher and she has summers off and is staying with us for a good portion of the summer. I thought I was going to lose it until she got here. Now I just get up with my two year old and he goes downstairs and looks for grandma! It is especially lucky since my pelvis has decided to completely crap out this past week and I can not get off the couch or roll over in bed at night without stabby pain everywhere (I have extra loose joints to begin with and my pelvis was not stable before this pregnancy). I'm not sure what I would do if I had to chase him all day at this point. Probably lots of TV and iPad time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"