May 2014 Moms
Options

Angelcare monitor questions

So I am looking at buying an angelcare movement and sound monitor today. I have the foscam video monitor but that doesn't work great for at night when I want to hear LO all night.

On amazon there is an angelcare with one movement pad for 75 and one with two pads and two parent units for 150. Would one pad work for an entire crib? Or does it only work directly underneath them. We have wood slats under the mattress, would we also need plywood underneath? How is the sound quality on the monitors?

Thanks!

Re: Angelcare monitor questions

• Options
    The sensor pad works for a whole twin mattress with my LO. And its an older version. I tested it out and put him on different spots and it picked him up no problem.

The monitors have a lot of interference issues as I was reading. But mine is an older model so I have the sensor pad linked to the base and  a regular audio monitor.
  • Options
    We only have one sensor for the entire crib. It says to put it in the middle so part of the baby should be on it. That price seems really low. Are you sure that is the video, sound, and movement monitor? I have that one and the sound only turns on if it is loud enough for the monitor to pick up. That way it isn't on all the time wasting battery. I didn't like that feature at first because I would look at the monitor and tell he was making sounds but the monitor wasn't turning the sound on. Now after I've used it more, I like it. When he does sleep in there at night, the monitor won't make a sound and wake me up over every grunt and coo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was looking at sound and movement only
  • Options
    We only use one sensor for the entire crib and have two parent units. I love our angel care monitor! I know there is a feature to only alert the parent when a certain level of noise occurs, but I know you can set the sensitivity for that or you can have it on constantly to hear every little thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Options
    RachelCA29RachelCA29 member
    edited July 2014
    We have one with one pad and two receivers. I love it. We had the sensitivity too low so the alarm would go off if he wiggled off being directly on top of the pad. Now that we have it up to 3 out of 5 it works perfectly. The sensor part doesn't go off if he moves around the crib, bit it still tracks his breathing.
    I also like the sound monitor. I like that it has the visual sound cue and only turns on when a certain level of noise is being made. I also like that it has the temperature sensor. It's been so hot here so it's nice to know how hot it is in there. You can set it to have an alarm go off if it gets too hot or cold. I can see it being useful in the winter.

ETA: we have a spring base for our crib and didn't need to put plywood under the mattress.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options

We only use one sensor for the entire crib and have two parent units. I love our angel care monitor! I know there is a feature to only alert the parent when a certain level of noise occurs, but I know you can set the sensitivity for that or you can have it on constantly to hear every little thing.

Same here. Love ours so much....used it with DS1 and now with this LO.

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"