May 2014 Moms

How big is your stash?

I am going back to work in a week and only have about 40oz of frozen BM. I feel like this should be enough but wanted other soon to be working moms and currently working mommas to share how much they have in their stash?

Re: How big is your stash?

• ns1ns1 member
    You really only need enough for the first day of daycare as long as you plan to pump at work since what you pump at work will go with LO the next day. You should have plenty!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have about 150 oz, but I agree with PP you really only need enough for that first day, although a little cushion takes off a lot of stress.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • I have about 40-50 ounces. I go to class two times a week, and I'm gone about five hours each time, so he takes anywhere from 4.5 ounces to 9 ounces (depending on I he takes 1 or 2 bottles), and I'm able to pump 3-5 ounces while I'm gone. College campuses just really aren't great about having a place to pump in peace....
  • Didn't start pumping for this LO yet since I'm unemployed now and home all day with the kids. When I went back to work when DD1 was 6weeks old I had about 30oz in the freezer, never built more of a stash than that and I breastfed for 15months. Like @ns1 said you only need enough for the first day.
  • mrsbtobe20122mrsbtobe20122 member
    edited July 2014
    I have at least 300 oz. I go back in two weeks. I've been pumping from the beginning due to tongue tie issues and so DH could give a bottle and I could sleep longer stretches.

My LC recommended two weeks worth of the days you'll be gone from baby. For example he will be at day care two days/ week---so about 120 oz since being away from baby and strictly pumping will likely make supply dip a bit.

Everyone is different, I just like knowing I have enough should we need it.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• I have a little over 100 oz

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• I EP and have about 450oz. I plan to pump until I'm sick of it then use my freezer stash to keep him on BM.
  • I only have about 20 oz frozen. Hoping that's enough to get started w Dc since I'll be pumping at work. I have been considering supplementing 1-2 feedings a day w formula in order to build more of a stash. Then hopefully I can feed her breastmilk longer (eventually at least one bottle a day). Not sure how things are going to go. We are still struggling with LO taking a bottle. Hoping the dc will take care of that issue quickly!
  • I have 100 oz and 3 weeks left of ML. Hopefully I won't need it but I like knowing I have some incase we don't make it to a year.
  • About 20 ounces and she started daycare today.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry, couldn't resist.
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Currently at 64 oz, which is more than enough. Hoping to add another ~20 oz just in case.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I currently EP, but I'll start in-class classes again in the Fall, at which time I'll probably stop pumping, but I currently have 600+ oz.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"