What are your dreams? A GTKY

lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
edited July 2014 in TTC after 35
1) Your dream job?

2) Your dream vacation?

3) Your dream concert?

4) A dream dinner with which celebrity?

My Answers:

1) Music Video Director. I love music videos, but there are some poorly done ones out there, so I want to direct and create my own!

2) Spain. I am part Spanish, and my dad's side is from Madrid, so I want to go visit. It's a major bucket list item.

3) Daft Punk. They seem to only tour in Europe, so to see them would be awesome! 

4) Marky Mark (Mark Wahlberg). Not only is he a weight lifter (like me), but he's also super cute and charismatic. Come on ladies...who wouldn't? ;) 

My second choice would be Quentin Tarantino mainly because I want to pick his brain. Such a unique director/actor, and he would have something interesting to talk about.

Plus—I own 90% of his films.

Re: What are your dreams? A GTKY

• Options
    edited July 2014
    1) Your dream job?
    Independently wealthy. I'd volunteer, see friends, go to the gym, sleep, cook awesome meals, and just enjoy myself.

2) Your dream vacation?
    Anywhere I can fly first-class and then be waited on hand and foot. I did my share of adventure travel in my 20s (Galapagos, the Amazon, driving from Sarajevo to Budapest, etc), and now I just want to be pampered.

3) Your dream concert?
    One where I don't get a migraine. So, a very quiet concert?

Jennifer Lawrence or Drew Barrymore - both seem down to earth but fun and interesting.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Options
    kelley72kelley72 member
    edited July 2014

Dang @lgsdesigner you make me think!

1) Your dream job?  Stay at home mom, volunteer at school,

2) Your dream vacation?  gosh I have two... I have always wanted to go on a Safari in Africa, I just think it would be the most magnificent thing in the world!  For the last five years or so I've fallen in love with the idea of going on land/sea adventure in Alaska.. so yeah both of those

3) Your dream concert?  Jamey Johnson

4) A dream dinner with which celebrity?  Not something I am even remotely interested in...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    dangit I can't edit... ok so answer to 4. is the same as 3. Jamey Johnson... if you don't know who he is then you should.  Or maybe not but whatever, he is my crush for certain!  His voice makes me uhm, yeah you know
  • Options
    1) Animal rescue paired with educating children. I'd love to teach kids at a very young age to be kind and adopt animals.
    2) I've always wanted to see the pyramids of Egypt and travel by camel.
    3) I think I've already seen my dream concerts. Grateful Dead, Paul McCartney, Prince and Beastie Boys. I'd love to see Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.
    4) Also not a big fan of celebrities. Maybe Paul McCartney. He looks damn good for his age. I'd ask him to convince me to become a vegan. :)
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• Options
    1. I have my dream job.....i just wish it were successful and profitable. My dream will come true with that happens. I am a photographer. 

2.Dream Vacation. I have already done that too....but id like to do it for longer and see more. Maui/ Hawaiian Islands....i could get in the ocean and never come out again if i could breath in the water! 

3. Dream Concert....this is hard cause Im a music Junkie. I have seen the Red Hot Chili Peppers and they are my fav current band. I would have loved to have seen Guns and Roses when they were the original. The Cure back in the day maybe.....so many.....

Celebrity......ugh i don't really care for celebrities. It would have to be someone fun. i really don't know...........
    Ellen Degeneres maybe because i think she is HILARIOUS. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    @Leslieem0901 Something with animals would be my other dream job. Im a huge animal lover as well.......people think I'm crazy.
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    edited July 2014
    (child mentioned)

1) My dream job would be either to ballroom dance professionally or to take care of dogs in a no-kill animal shelter. (very different-HA!)

2) My dream vacation would be camping/trekking for months in New Zealand. @KateLouise, do you do any trekking with your family? I can't wait to take DS hiking and camping.

3) My dream concert would have been to see Queen perform before Freddie Mercury died.

4) Like @Austrogermokee, I'd like to meet Drew Barrymore for dinner. She seems fun and kind.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @JimBobCooter: Ahh, I forgot about The Beatles. I would definitely want to see the Beatles over Queen.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    KateLouiseKateLouise member
    edited July 2014
    1) Your dream job? Florist

2) Your dream vacation? A Road trip across America, or Machu Picchu trek or visiting beautiful old churches in Europe.

3) Your dream concert? Muse, Pink and REM back to back.

4) A dream dinner with which celebrity? Pope Francis ( iwanna know what he really thinks about some of those issues.)

@URMySunshine77 we've done some little bush walks (basically leave any spot in NZ and drive in any direction for 30 minutes and you'll find a walk of some sort or another) but we haven't done any of the big ones that take 3 -5 days to do. We probably take it a little for granted because it's so accessible, but when our youngest is a bit bigger (too big to be carried for long periods at the moment, but too little to walk too far or up tricky terrain) we'll hopefully get into it more.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    1.  Trophy wife

2.  Gorilla tracking in Africa

3.  The Beatles, circa 1968-69

4.  The Dali Lama 
    You ARE a trophy wife!!!!

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    This is a great GTKY! And I love your choice of Tarantino as a dinner companion. 

My dream job was doing something that combined technology, empowering people to change their lives and traveling; I've done that for over a decade now and while I've really enjoyed it, I think I would like to do something more community-based and creative now. Not quite sure what that actually means yet!

My dream vacation is a month-long tour of Brazil. Next in line: Italy, Alaska, Argentina, Peru and Chile.

My dream concert... hmm that's a really tough one, too many people and groups to choose from! Would have loved to have heard the late Bobby Womack live. 

Dinner: does Simone de Beauvoir count as a celebrity? On a lighter note, Matt Damon! 
  • Options
    1) Your dream job?
    Nature conservation, forest ranger, horticultural therapist (I may one day get certified in this when I open my private practice back up), artist

2) Your dream vacation?
    I love anywhere in the mountains. I really want to go back to the White Mountains in NH. Would love to explore Canada more. Scotland or Ireland.

3) Your dream concert?
    Duran Duran, Ani Difranco, Murphy's Law, YoYo Ma and The Others (which was a local band that is now defunct). These together would be an eclectic show of epic awesomeness

Chuck Close (artist) or Oliver Sacks or Oliver Platt

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MelissaMiso- CHUCK CLOSE! Yessss. One of my favorite artist of all time. 
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    1) Dream job is to perform on broadway

2) Dream vacation @lgsdesigner we went to Spain and Italy on our Honeymoon and I loved both but if I had to choose, Spain was my favorite.  That was my dream vacation.  Now, maybe south of France or Scuba diving in Belize

3)  Madonna in the late 80s/early 90s.

4)  I don't know.  Not really into celebrities.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"