1st Trimester
Options

Morning sickness

I'm 8 & half weeks pregnant & omg i'm so sick! From the minute i wake up to the minute i go to sleep :-( i've been to the docs & was prescribed some anti sickness tablets but they do nothing & i've also tried every thing else (ginger biscuits etc) & nothing works! I'm starting to feel really down about it now. Everyone i speak to says "i only had it in the mornings" or "i wasnt sick at all". Anyone else had sickness this bad? It'd be nice to know i'm not alone here :-(

Re: Morning sickness

• Options
    louo88louo88 member
    Thank you. Do the sickness tablets help u? I dont want to pop loads of pills if they dont help. Ur sickness sounds awful! I feel so sorry for u :-( nothing worse than being this sick all day every day!!! Let's hope it passes soon!!!
  • Options
    @louo88, which meds are you taking. Most doctors prescribe Zofran, but there is also Diclegis, Promethazine, and some other meds that can be prescribed that might help. Also, have you spoken to your OB to let him or her know that what you are taking now isn't working? That should be the first place to start. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    louo88louo88 member
    Thank you @TeeJ526‌ . Doc gave me metoclopramide. Does nothing its rubbish! I should be having my first appt with the midwife this week so i'll see what she says. I was signed off work last week & i'm due to go back on monday but if im still feeling this awful i'll have to get another sick note :-(
  • Options
    I have been hospitalized twice to stop the vomiting, the worst was around week 7. I am on diclectin 4 times a day, I wear seabands all the time, I do acupuncture for the sickness, eat small meals, and they prescribed me childrens gravol every four hours. Now that I am nearing my 12th week I am starting to feel a little better. Talk to your doctor to change your meds. It did take a whole week for the diclectin to kick in, and sometimes I still have bad days. Hang in there!
  • Options
    I stay sick all day long Iam 9 weeks this is my third I don't remember being this sick with my other 2 I have no energy and some days can't even hold my head up Iam on Zofran ever 3 hours tried all the other things to so don't feel bad I no what ur going threw
  • Options
    louo88louo88 member
    Thanks ladies. Lets hope it passes asap!! Being ill sucks :-(
  • Options
    I read a few articles on Pinterest and some of it helped.  What has helped me is eating something literally as soon as I get up, even if it's just a handful of my son's goldfish crackers.  Also what helps me is eating small meals more frequently rather than the traditional 3 squares.  Sucking on sugary hard candy helps a bit too.  Good luck!
  • Options
    NerdyLucyNerdyLucy member
    edited July 2014
    I read a few articles on Pinterest and some of it helped.  What has helped me is eating something literally as soon as I get up, even if it's just a handful of my son's goldfish crackers.  Also what helps me is eating small meals more frequently rather than the traditional 3 squares.  Sucking on sugary hard candy helps a bit too.  Good luck!
    My mom said that when she was pregnant with me, she kept a box of saltines beside the bed, and she'd eat a few before even sitting up.

I have no morning sickness...yet. Hopefully I won't, but it's still super early.  I got a little thing of Preggie Pops just in case.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"