Baby Names

Arthur vs Arlo?

MamaDocBMamaDocB member
edited July 2014 in Baby Names
DH and I are down to 2 first and 2 middle names for a boy. I am torn between first names but I love Theodore as a middle name. DH loves Faraday after the scientist Michael Faraday who he has a fascination with. It's a little out there for me and I am not a fan of surnames, but I told him I would think about it since it's a middle name. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Big brothers are Har.lan Ja.mes & Sil.as Raf.ael. Thanks!!

Arthur vs Arlo? 110 votes

Arthur Theodore
37% 41 votes
Arlo Theodore
30% 33 votes
Arlo Faraday
10% 12 votes
Arthur Faraday
18% 20 votes
None of the above
3% 4 votes

Re: Arthur vs Arlo?

• I vote for Arthur Theodore. Went to school with a kid named Arlo. He threatened me with a knife once. The name brings horrible memories.

• I'm really not big on either Arthur or Arlo, but I guess Arlo would get the edge. Arthur has always been a very homely-sounding name to me.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Love Arlo, esp with those brothers of his! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    Arthur Theodore!!! Love the nn Artie!!! Not really a fan of anything else on your list
  • Love Arthur!

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• parenthood4parenthood4 member
    edited July 2014
    I think Arlo has the same feel as your other kids' names, but I also think Harlan and Arlo are kind of close for me, so I'm not sure. Voted for Arlo Theodore though

Edited for clarity

• Arthur got my vote but it is my brother's name, my uncle's name and my grandfather's name so I am biased.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This was all incredibly helpful feedback. I read all the replies to my husband also. Thank you ladies so much for taking the time to respond! I'm still a little torn between Arthur and Arlo and am surprised they ended up being so close in the poll! I think DH is coming around a little to Theodore for the middle name though. ;) Thanks again!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"