January 2014 Moms
Options

shopping cart covers

Anybody use these? I went shopping today with DD and for the first time put her in a shopping cart seat instead of her car seat. It's not really the germs or how she was constantly trying to eat the handlebar that made me want to get a cover, but rather the fact that she hated having her back up against the metal rungs and she also kept flopping over to the side. Luckily I was in a TJMaxx and padded the seat with a couple small pillows and stuck some diapers behind her back, but I couldn't help but think that a cover might be a nice thing to have. She hates being in her car seat in stores and she's getting too big to carry all the time.

Anybody like their cover in particular? Or have an awesome one that fits the oddball carts like Target or Costco? 

Re: shopping cart covers

• Options
    I've never used one. It is just one more thing for me to carry. I've put LO in the cart a few times, but 90% of the time he's in the Baby Bjorn.
  • Options
    I didn't think I would use it. But I love mine so does my son.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just started using it a couple weeks ago. She loves sitting up like a big girl. We just keep it in the trunk of the car with the stroller, so depending on her mood we can choose either or.

our little flower born 01.13.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    robertinrobertin member
    edited July 2014
    I have one that can be used in shopping carts, high chairs (in restaurants), or as a playmat. I love it!

ETA Ours is neoprene so it's easy to wipe up!
  • Options
    Does your LO have to be able to sit up to use one?
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    @Tylynngrace‌ If your LO is sitting with some support you could use it but might want to put a blanket or something for additional support. The first time I used it DD wasn't sitting completely on her own, but she was in a high chair. Because the high chair had things for her to hold on to it helped, but I did have to put a blanket behind her back just as extra support.
  • Options
    Thanks!
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    I have one that I have never used.  I usually just put LO in the ergo or sling if I dont want to use the shopping cart or infant seat. 

• Options
    I would use the carrier if DD would be satisfied in it for more than 15 minutes, but she's a busy bee and likes to be free to play. She's not into snuggling up next to me anymore :(
  • Options
    JennaRaekJennaRaek member
    edited July 2014

I just got one on Sunday when I took Lo to WalMart by myself. They only had one that wasn't pink so it's not the one I was looking at online (I can't even find the one I got online) but it worked well! I could strap him in and not worry about him chewing on anything. It fits over highchairs too. It didn't come with toys, but it has loops for me to attach some. It's cute and has some padding for his back. I can see how they can turn into a pain in the ass, but so far I like ours. I threw it in the washing machine and then rolled it back up to be put in the car. It was, I think, $15 so not a huge investment if we only use it a few times. He's like your LO one though. Doesn't want to be held/snuggled all the time now so it's better to just let him play. He loves to look around at everything and everyone!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We used ours for the first time in a high chair. It's a taggie one. She's still too little for the shopping cart, she fell over.
  • Options
    I just bought mine last week from target. It's an Eddie Bauer one and I think it was $24 and just used it today at costco and target and I think it was worth it! It fit both carts fine and so far I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"