July 2014 Moms
Options

Breastfeeding friendly recipes

Ok ladies, I need some help and inspiration for meals that are breastfeeding friendly. We generally try to eat pretty healthy and I try to cook at least 5-6 nights a week. I am struggling this time. I can't remember what I would fix with DS1 and that wasn't even three years ago!! I've been all over Pinterest and am not having a whole lot of luck.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breastfeeding friendly recipes

• Options
    What do you mean by breastfeeding friendly?

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    iris427 said:
    What do you mean by breastfeeding friendly?
    Yeah, I don't understand what would make a meal "breastfeeding friendly."  Only thing I can think of are lactation cookies, but it's mostly the oatmeal in those that makes them good for breastfeeding mommas, so I'd think any recipe with steel cut oats would count.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jensaviccijensavicci member
    edited July 2014
    Ya know, when first reading the title I was thinking she mean't what kind of recipes can you make with breast milk. I want to think she means what's nutritious enough that baby can eat it as well but, I could be wrong and this gal could like a glass o breast milk with her supper. Idk. image

I'm excited to find out though.
  • Options
    I'd love a good lactation cookie recipe if anyone has one to recommend!
  • Options
    lowen83lowen83 member
    edited July 2014
    Ha sorry I didn't clarify that better. What I mean is recipes that don't contains ingredients that would cause baby's sensitive tummy to bother him. For me that means no tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, broccoli, beans and limit dairy. I do have a good lactation cookie recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies though. Found it on Pinterest!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"