Infertility

Wtf The Bump... 'Weird infertility treatments?!'

Km672Km672 member
edited July 2014 in Infertility
@NariaDreaming‌

Hey lady!

Anyway we can get @BumpJackie to address the wording in the 'weird' fertility treatments. This is incredibly offensive and hurtful. I can't believe a website with so many women dealing with infertility is posting such an inappropriate title.

I belong to the boards on this website to be part of a supportive, educated environment.

Personally, I am really pissed I had to read this when I was logging on to a 'safe' place. It's bad enough dealing with the ignorant people in my personal life, but seeing this in this setting felt like a slap in the face.

TIA

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

Re: Wtf The Bump... 'Weird infertility treatments?!'

• Km672 said:
    @NariaDreaming‌ Hey lady! Anyway we can get @BumpJackie to address the wording in the 'weird' fertility treatments. This is incredibly offensive and hurtful. I can't believe a website with so many women dealing with infertility is posting such an inappropriate title. I belong to the boards on this website to be part of a supportive, educated environment. Personally, I am really pissed I had to read this when I was logging on to a 'safe' place. It's bad enough dealing with the ignorant people in my personal life, but seeing this in this setting felt like a slap in the face. TIA
    Hey there,

I totally understand your point, and I'm sorry that we weren't more considerate in coming up with a title. We try to make things as general as possible, but obviously missed the mark on this one.

Are you referring to an article on our site?

Thanks!

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

• Km672Km672 member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, something about high tech 'weird' infertility treatments

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Loading the player...
  • Again??? You'd think they would have figured out how innappropriate this was last time: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/9127307/xp-weird-to-awesome-fertility-treatments-bump

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"