Success after IF

Scary News

Hey Everyone,
I have PCOS and conceived on Femara 5mg. I got my BFP on Friday and I am now 3 weeks, 6 days. I started spotting light brown so my doc had me come in for an ultrasound. He said there is no amniotic sac, but it is probably too early. My cervix is closed and the lining is thick. He did a blood test and said we just have to wait and see if my HcG increases when we do the second on Wednesday. He also said he can't rule out ectopic since he can't see a sac.
The terrifying news is that because I used fertility drugs to conceive, I have a HUGE cyst on my ovary. He said it could rupture (awesome) or that my ovary could twist and I could lose the ovary. Best part: there is nothing I can do about it. I just have to wait and see. I am trying to stay positive, but it is hard. He basically said not to run (I am a runner) or have intercourse and to go to the hospital if I have severe pain. I am terrified that I will lose this pregnancy and/or my ovary. I feel so angry because I was so happy (albeit cautious) and I feel like I am totally at the bottom now.
Thanks for listening ladies. I appreciate your strength and support.

Re: Scary News

• kmc84kmc84 member
    I'm sorry you got some scary news today :( I hope you get some positive answers on Wednesday!

Did your doc discuss these risks with you before you started treatment? I really hope he did!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Cysts are pretty normal after IVF. I had a pretty big one after my fresh cycle. Try to take it easy and relax.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear about the news but as PP said take it really easy. I would avoid any lifting or anything where you bounce or twist. I must say, I had no idea that cysts were a risk in a medicated cycle and do not recall by RE ever talking to me about this.

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• I had a pretty large cyst after my 2nd IUI but it was from where I ovulated from. They just said they'd watch it but it would most likely resolve itself before it caused problems. Congrats on your BFP and hope you have strong betas! 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • BabyKsMommyBabyKsMommy member
    edited July 2014
    I don't know how big your cyst is but mine accompanied my BFP. My cyst was 5 cm from a Femara cycle. It was painful for a couple of weeks.

The dr said it sustains your pregnancy by letting off progesterone. It has gotten smaller and smaller as my pregnancy progressed. So maybe this cyst is a good thing.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"