Pregnant after IF
Options

Early Anatomy Scan results: hyperechoic bowel UPDATE

babydreams13babydreams13 member
edited July 2014 in Pregnant after IF
I went in today for an early anatomy scan due to a family genetic issue.  That was unfounded so I'm very happy about that. 

When I met with the Dr. after he said everything looked good but he had to let me know about a hyperechoic bowel.  Something about how the light hit off the bowel.  He said he wasn't too concerned and it usually clears itself up by the 20 week scan.  He said I could go to the MFM office to get checked if I was concerned.  I asked if he has seen this before and he said yes.  He said all my tests NT scan and Panarama came back good so thats also why he wasn't too concerned.  So now I have a call into the MFM and waiting for them to get back to me to set up an appointment.

Anyone else have this on their scan? What happened?

Thanks

UPDATE 7/24
Today's Update: I spent over 3 hours at the Hospital today! Crazy. I had a sono. The Dr. came in and did another sono. She was able to rule out my family genetic issue based on what she saw! The baby was moving all around and the dr said he looked good. The hyperechoic/ecocentric bowel was still seen. The Dr. wasn't too concerned bc that was the only soft marker found and my panarama and NT BW showed a very low risk for downs (1 in 8000). I am also not a carrier for cystic fibrosis. So we then sat down with the genetic counselor and she gave us all the options. Seems like its a very small chance it could be an issue. She offered us an amnio and additional bw. I do not feel like the amnio is worth it for such a small risk when my BW has come back good. We did some BW to test for things we might be carriers of and to test for any viral infections I may have had during pregnancy. The Dr. said it can also be related to the baby swallowing blood since I bled early in pregnancy.

So I'm really trying to remain positive since it seems like everyone involved isn't too concerned. Its gonna be a long 2 1/2 week wait until my next appointment back at the hospital.
***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome

Re: Early Anatomy Scan results: hyperechoic bowel UPDATE

• Options
    My baby B had an echogenic bowel. I believe that's the same thing. One of my MFMs had me freaked out and ran a few lab tests. Then at the next u/s it looked better. Her bowels are perfectly fine! FX all is well with your LO!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    rox825rox825 member
    I don't have any feedback but I hope that all is fine.  Try to focus on your great NT and panorama results!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I guess this is rare since I didn't get many responses ( I posted on 2nd tri too). I am going in tomorrow to MFM Dr. and having a sono and meeting with a genetic counselor.  Really hoping everything is okay!  

***SIGGY WARNING***

IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • Options
    Update in original post
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

All Welcome
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that all the other testing has come back normal. Fingers crossed that your next scan shows that it cleared up on its own.
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options
    That's reassuring news! Prayers that things lok great at your next appointment.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    I'm glad that it seems like it won't be an issue. Hopefully everything will work out and your next u/s will show it went away.

It must be rare because just about no one on any of the boards has had experience with it.

I also had a little scare with the genetics dept myself. I had my a/s done at 17w6d to see if there was an issue. It seemed like from what they could tell the babies are fine right now. I go back for a in depth growth scan every 4 wks from here on out. It sucks that it's just a wait and see situation. But I've felt like everything was going to be fine and hopefully it will for you too.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Options
    I'm glad that it seems like it won't be an issue. Hopefully everything will work out and your next u/s will show it went away. It must be rare because just about no one on any of the boards has had experience with it. I also had a little scare with the genetics dept myself. I had my a/s done at 17w6d to see if there was an issue. It seemed like from what they could tell the babies are fine right now. I go back for a in depth growth scan every 4 wks from here on out. It sucks that it's just a wait and see situation. But I've felt like everything was going to be fine and hopefully it will for you too.
    Thanks.  Sorry about your scare.  Its so nerve wracking.  We just want everything to be okay.  Gl to you!
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

All Welcome
  • Options
    Glad to hear everything is ok. Hopefully by next u/s it'll be gone and you can go on enjoying the rest of the pregnancy!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeay!!! Great update!!! Glad hour doctor doesn't seem too worried and hope next scan will show jumping bean all clear :)
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"