Breastfeeding
Options

approx amounts of bottle consumption?

just wanted to check to see if your LOs usually eat the same amount per BM bottle or if it varies depending on time of day.  i'm thinking they are like us - sometimes we have a big meal, sometimes less but wanted to check.

LO was taking 3.5-4 oz bottles before but earlier today she only had just under 2 oz. I'm thinking perhaps it was because she had a lengthy feeding session before (when i nursed)....

for DC was thinking of sending them three 4 oz bottles....but now i'm not exactly sure. 

TTC#2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: approx amounts of bottle consumption?

• Options
    three, 4-oz bottles is a good starting point. that was what i sent DS with inititally (at 12 weeks). your DCP can always re-offer a bottle if your LO doesn't finish it right away. or, you could send more bottles with a smaller quantity in each (2 or 2 1/2 ounces).

[as an aside-- i was reading recently, it was either on this board or working moms, about the idea of just sending exactly what you pump at each session (that is, not redistributing the milk to get even portions). so if you get more in the morning, that's a bigger bottle, and maybe the next two are smaller. it's less work and it mimics more what they might actually get if they were nursing instead of pumping. i don't have any personal experience with this, but it sounded like an interesting idea.]
  • Options
    LO is so unpredictable.  thank you for the input - today she took 2 oz at 1 feeding at then 3.5 at another. i only did 2 bottles today because i was doing a test-run on the frozen BM

i will start with 3- 4 oz and see what happens and adjust!

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"