Nurseries and Baby Gear

Anyone have the Peg Perego Book Pop Up stroller????

We fell in love with the stroller after looking at Uppababy Cruz and Vista and the City Mini.    We are first time parents, but were wowed but all of the features.   Only problem is because it's so new, we are finding very few reviews online.  We would love to hear from parents their experience with the stroller.  We are looking to start off with this as our only stroller, my only concern is the weight since we live in suburbia and drive everywhere.   

Anyone have experience with this stroller???  Thanks!

Re: Anyone have the Peg Perego Book Pop Up stroller????

• I don't have this stroller, but regarding the weight issue: unless you live in a walk-up or use a ton of public transportation a heavy stroller won't be a huge issue, I spend 10 seconds lifting my stroller in and out of my car, but hours pushing it around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I disagree with AKB090609 for me (and I am short) weight is a factor. I have a 17 lb City Mini Gt & getting it in/ out of our cross-over is definitly a job that requires 2 hands. We have been keeping our regular City Mini in the vechicle & walk the neighborhood with the GT (if doing more off roading type surface, we take the GT instead). So if you have a higher vechicle & are shorter, then weight is a big factor becuase you'll also have a baby/ toddler in addition to the stroller.

Also, did not pay attention to the folded dimensions, but if cargo space is an issue, would take that into consideration. We have now probably spent the same amount on our infant seat plus strollers, but have gotten a snap-n-go (used) plus a regular City Mini and a City Mini GT for the price. I have found it is really nice to have a stroller ready to go for our local walks & another in the car for any last minute trips/outtings.

That said, had a friens who had a bassinet with her stroller & love it. We never found it necessary for the expense.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We got that stroller but aren't due until sept. The features of it are awesome and I love that it folds with the bassinet and the toddler seat reclines all the way back so you can use this instead if always using the car seat . I didn't find it too heavy and it stands on its in when folded which is great. I'm super excited to start using it and appreciate the one handed foldup.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thank you everyone.  I think we are going to with the Book Pop Up.  I find it better than the vista in every way (lighter, easier to fold, higher quality) except that the Vista can later be used a double stroller down the road.  Since this is our first baby, we are trying to focus on baby 1 and it seems it suits the needs.

My friends all rave about the ease of the City mini in terms of lifting and folding.  The storage basket bothered me though and I don't like how you can't face the baby towards you after they are out of the travel infant car seat.  But still considering it in addition to the Peg if the Peg gets too heavy for when I am using it.  
  • Have you looked at the city Versa??  The seat can parent face or face out and you have better access to the basket.  The price is cheaper too.  You can get one right now for $229

Here is it on sale 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I don't have the pop up, I have the older model which is the Uno. I love it , the quality is good and have had no issues with Peg Perego. We ordered the new Peg Perego car seat which I am really happy with. 
    My Advice would be to go with what you want.. since if you really like the features then you want a stroller that you will be happy with. Especially since strollers are not cheap.  
    Since I do not have that specific stroller I cant help you out with the reviews but I can help you would with the quality of Peg Perego it has always upheld my expectations.
    Good luck!  
  • I heard the adapters for the car seats are coming out later in the year.  I see you're due in Dec like me so it shouldn't be a problem..  But I was looking at the new Peg infant car seat anyhow which does not require an adapter for the stroller. 
  • I just got this stroller in the mail and couldn't be happier with it! Can't wait till my baby boy gets here in December. It has awesome features and I was able to get 15% off plus free two day shipping from amazon. Also I saw that Albee baby is offering 20% off and free shipping for this stroller as well- with no sales tax! Brings the price down to around $625 I think. I love how easy it is to collapse and it turns on a dime. Great stroller choice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"