Nurseries and Baby Gear

BJ City Select vs. Britax B-Ready

chiromommachiromomma member
edited July 2014 in Nurseries and Baby Gear
We are planning our 2nd child and have been looking into stroller options to accommodate our toddler and infant. I have noticed that most people on here suggest the B-ready over the City Select. To me, the City Select seems so much better because the child isn't so low and is able to see where we are going better, which, with my toddler, is a very big deal. Why did you choose what you did, and how is it working for you?

ETA: Other recommendations are also helpful along with why you chose it and what you like about it!

TIA!

Re: BJ City Select vs. Britax B-Ready

• I loved the b-ready and was planning on getting it but then when I tried them at the store my toddler refused to sit in the seat in the back. I really like to have little babies facing me so I didn't want to stick the baby on the bottom so that was t going to work. When I put my car seat on too it was in his face. I ended up getting the city select because he loves the front seat. So I recommend having your toddler try them out. I also like the city select because you can add the glider board which makes it a sit and stand!
  • kmc84kmc84 member
    I only have one baby, but I sold my b ready. I couldn't stand it! I really think the rumble seat gives the rider a crappy spot :(

If we have another, I'm 99.9% set on a city select.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Loading the player...
  • We went with a side-by-side for our 21month age difference. The b ready back wheels kept catching on things as we walked around the store and the select was so long and the seats were small for my tall toddler. I have found that our sbs is easy to maneuver and fits thru most doors. When I need something narrow I take my single and (depending on the situation) let my toddler walk or wear the baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ebp913ebp913 member
    I much prefer the B-Ready. The push is better and its more compact. My DD loves the lower seat. Also the CS doesn't have nearly as many configurations as advertised.  You can't even have the baby in the seat reclined facing you and your other child facing out in the front because the seats hit each other.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • For those that have the CIty Select, what infant seat do you have with it?

• Just got the CS and absolutely love it. I'll be using a Chicco infant seat.
  • I have a city select and used a chaperone with it.
  • Love my city select. I secretly love it as a single more than anything. When older sibling is in the front it can be a bear to push. We have the bassinet and for the summer it's amazing as ds sweats a lot in his graco 30 car seat! I would buy the city select again in a heartbeat....loooooove it!
  • My toddler is hilarious in the b ready bottom seat, she loves it! "Baby's drivin' " she shouts. :) (she refers to herself as baby, haha)

• My sister looooves her Baby Jogger City Select as she has a two year old and a 2 month old. I've bought the City Select for my baby that is due fall. Then if we have a second baby, we are ready to use the same stroller.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"