Working Moms

NWMR: memory books

I feel guilty that I never kept a baby book for DD (port-partum issues got in the way) and didn't even think to get one for DS, but I see that there are lots that start at 3 y/o as well. Do you keep a memory book (baby book/school memory book, birthday book etc) for you kid(s) and if so which one do you use?

Re: NWMR: memory books

• jlaOKjlaOK member
    We make a family memory book every year using Shutterfly.  DH and I realized that we had tons of pictures on our computer but never printed any of them.  We've only done it for a couple of years but I love them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• catahoulattecatahoulatte member
    edited July 2014
    I actually have a little book in my nightstand as a "memory" book. I usually have my cell phone near me. When DS says something cute or funny, I write it down in an app. Once a week or so, I will write everything down in the book that's saved in my phone. It's so fun to go back and read it.

ETA: Or basically I could have said ditto to @cjcouple

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i'd gotten a "baby's first year" book at costco. it is really cute and has all kinds of themed pages- but it was sooooo much work that i'm still only 2/3 of the way done with it and DS is now almost 2. ;P i don't think i will finish it.

i also print digital photos regularly and put them in a photo album.

thirding the writing-down-cute-quotes idea. i would just get a nice blank book-- a scrapbook-- and keep track of funny things your LO says and put in some of your favorite pictures and other mementos.
  • I've been writing all of LO's milestones/big things down on the notepad on my iphone. I am planning on doing a baby book- or at least a shutterfly photo album of his first year. 
  • I send emails to mh with the same subject line to record the funny things they say. I made annual photo books from my publisher for them up until age three and have slacked so I prob will do one for age 3-5. I wait for good coupons and get one printed for me and one for each of the kids for the future. I also have tried to burn DVDs of videos I have made but that is way more time consuming and dropped off around age three also. Lastly I do have baby books for them (i actually worked on them when doing CIO in the first year lol) and I have these little books that have folders for each yr starting in kindergarten which are cute but won't hold much so we will see how that goes. Growing up my mom kept a Manila envelope for each grade and taped my school pic on the front and put report cards and special items in it and I still have them.
  • Also I have not used shutterfly but in my publisher you cando text pages so I have done pages at the end listing favorite toys that year, fun or memorable things we did, favorite books, etx
  • My DH and I keep a running word document where we write each other notes. We've been doing it for years and it's a really easy way to document cute stuff the kids are doing.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"