Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Throwing up at bed time and nap time

Need some advice. DD1 (almost 23 months old) loved her crib. She has a few stuffed animals, her blankie, and a rainforest toy. She would roll around and talk to her stuffed animals before going to sleep and after waking up.

2 weeks ago, she got sick with a bad cold. That Thursday, she threw up in her crib. Since then, she has thrown up and/or freaked out every single bed time and nap time. It's horrible. It's to the point where when she knows bedtime is coming, she starts panicking. The other night after we finished our bed time routine, she threw up all over the floor before we even got to her crib.

If DH or I sit in her room, she will lay down no problem and go to sleep (although sometimes it takes over an hour), but that's very difficult during the week for naps since we also have a 3 month old and DH is at work. She has also started freaking out as soon as she wakes up and dry heaving/spitting. It's to the point where it looks like she is trying to make herself throw up.

I have no idea what else to do. The only other thing I can think to try is a toddler bed, but it will be at least another week before we could have her room set up for that and I'm worried it won't help. After she vomits and we get everything cleaned up, she will just lay down and go to sleep with no problem. It's so weird, but it's heartbreaking to see her struggling with this and I am so tired of cleaning up vomit! Her pedi had no advice other than "its probably a phase and she will have to just get over it."
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Throwing up at bed time and nap time

• Options
    chillypenguinchillypenguin member
    edited January 2015
    @MrsStitely‌

Thankfully we got past it. It lasted 5 weeks, throwing up every single day at bedtime and nap time, sometimes multiple times. It was awful. She went to spend the weekend with my ILs for the first time (they knew what was going on) and she didn't throw up there. Came home and didn't throw up again! I think she was so busy that weekend and got all the attention on her (she has a younger sister) that she kind of forgot about it. Nothing else that we tried worked. I hope you find something that can help. It's completely exhausting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"