C-sections
Options

Oh hi!- an intro

PreDempseyPreDempsey member
edited July 2014 in C-sections

Sometimes I forget there is a world outside of my BMB.

I'm Predempsey and I had my JJ via c-section on January 22nd at 38w3d. 22 hours after my water broke I had gotten to 7cm & 100% but had a baby that stayed -2 station. I was given the option to either do this thing now, or wait two hours and have no choice. He was born at 410am and I was up walking early that afternoon, hell bent on getting that catheter out.

I know there are mixed emotions about it but I loved my c-section. I have nothing to compare it to as far as a vaginal birth but my recovery was fairly easy and my baby is healthy. Given my experience I don't believe I was capable of passing my baby through my pelvis so I will not be attempting a VBAC down the road.

I had a positive experience so I welcome any questions. I have also experienced an epidural, nubane, Foley catheter, your epidural slipping out of place, a spinal, steri-tape, suture abscesses, and failed breast feeding courtesy of what a lack-luster LC said was insufficient glandular tissue. But my baby? Super worth it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

Re: Oh hi!- an intro

• Options
    AF9211AF9211 member
    Welcome!  :-h 

• Options
    Suture abscesses? :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @naturelovers it sounds way worse than it was but it freaked me out a bit. The knot they tie in the suture can irritate the skin and it basically gets pushed out of the incision. So after all my steri tape came off the corner of my incision was irritated and looked unhealed and open. Turns out I had a piece of the dissolving stitches outside of the incision and my OB had me just watching out for infection. MH wanted to pull it off but of course I thought I'd unravel from the inside out and let it fall off and heal on it's own.

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"