November 2014 Moms
Options

Shower excitement! :)

According to MamaNachoLover, my invitations are going out in the mail today (shower is 9/6).  AND I stalked my registry and some gifts have already been bought (including our carseat - woohoo!)

I am getting really excited for my shower.  Anyone else?

Re: Shower excitement! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mander82 said:
    As far as the last month dragging goes, my sis told me that once the nursery was done and she had everything it was like time stopped moving. I almost scheduled my shower for the beginning of October, but didn't for that reason. Hopefully baby doesn't come before I am ready though. ;)
    I know, I can imagine.  I have created a GIANT Baby To-Do list for myself and DH.  We are anticipating moving about 5 months after baby is born so I have a lot of dumb things on it related to that - like packing up things in the kitchen we don't use, going through drawers and closets, etc.  I hope that those chores will help time move faster.

I also told DH that we need to have lots of dates between now and November before we have to pay babysitters!

• Options
    Oh, wow, it is getting to be that time, huh? Eek! I'm not exactly looking forward to my shower, but am more excited just to get it over with if that makes sense. I tried to decline mine but my sister wouldn't hear of it. As far as I know it will be in the latter half of Sept, but I'm not sure.
    Maybe I'll get more excited about it as it gets closer (and I read about how much fun all of yours are) but for now... notsomuch. Being the center of attention just makes me squeamish. I make a much better host.

I'm excited that you're excited though!
  • Options
    What really got me... is after this next appointment I'll be going in every two weeks! Crazy that we are at that point already! 
    Yeah, I'm wondering when I will start the every two weeks appointments.  Eeeek!

• Options
    Oh, wow, it is getting to be that time, huh? Eek! I'm not exactly looking forward to my shower, but am more excited just to get it over with if that makes sense. I tried to decline mine but my sister wouldn't hear of it. As far as I know it will be in the latter half of Sept, but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll get more excited about it as it gets closer (and I read about how much fun all of yours are) but for now... notsomuch. Being the center of attention just makes me squeamish. I make a much better host. I'm excited that you're excited though!
    Awww, I hate being the center of attention too.  I hopw you get more excited as yours approaches!

• Options

Mine will be on 09/20 . My mom in flying in for it and I am so excited. I can't believe how fast time flies now. I need to get my a$$ to Target and do the registry lol

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Options

I'm getting excited too! Mine's September 21 and I have given my SIL and MIL the invite list and they have booked a venue. Definitely made it more real.

I also finished registering and I'm afraid I won't be able to keep myself from stalking once the invites go out. Part of me feels like it's cheating, but part of me feels like it's necessary to ensure that there's still enough stuff. I kind of want to know if someone buys my stroller though- that would be huge!

• Options
    I'm excited too!! The biggest items on my registry- car seat and stroller were purchased too! Mine is in fiveish weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH and i started our registry last week but i went on saturday with my mom to polish it off and now im much more excited! my shower will be on sept 6th so it's not too far away. I still havent decided on a crib and furniture, i'm hoping to finalize that by the weekend. i'm more concerned with preparing the house and CLEANING and organizing ugh so not looking forward to that.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    zengal said:
    I'm freaking out about mine - just found out this morning that it will be August 16th! I have to do my registry and get addresses to my sister by. ..like now! What the?
    Luckily the addresses were pretty easy as we still had our info from our wedding.  Hope you are able to gather them up easily!! 

• Options
    Was informed last week mine is 8/31. Need to do my registry and get addresses together. eek!

Has anyone used Babylist to sync registries? I'm going to attempt it today
  • Options
    TC0514TC0514 member
    I have one on 9/20.. And apparently will be having another some time in September early October. I'm excited!!
  • Options
    I'm excited! One next month, 8/23, in Houston, that my SIL is throwing with DH's side of the family. She is so efficient. She's done it all and had the invites sent a month ago. Then another one where I live that my Mom and Sis are throwing on 10/4. I finished up my address list last week and then my sis says, "can I send out evites?" *eye roll* I too have been stalking my registries. Can't resist! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimageimageimageimage

N14 November Siggy Challenge - Straight up Celebration!!!

animal animated GIFThe Huffington Post animated GIF
  • Options
    I think my DH is more excited than me but I am excited..He keeps stalking the registry even though I know my mom hasn't planned anything yet because she waiting to hear when my pop will be going for his hip replacement.  But even then I won't know when or where it will be.  I like the surprise of it.  My FIL though did get us our car seat and stroller.  They came yesterday and of course DH had to take them out and put the stroller together.  He's like a kid at christmas.  But staring at it did make all this seem so much more real.
    ~Nov14 Moms November Siggy Challenge: CELEBRATION!! ~

Anniversary
        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I still have to register!!  DH and I plan on going next weekend and getting it done.

My shower is Sept 13 but I don't think there has been a lot of planning yet. The people planning (family members) are the kind who are able to throw it all together at the last minute. They've done this several times before and it always works out, so I am not worried.

• Options
    Yeah so I'm a slacker.  Haven't registered yet as we just found out we're team blue.  As of right now we have no nursery to set up bc we're looking to move to a bigger place and there is just nothing available out there that suits our needs at the moment.  No idea about anything shower related or if one is actually being planned.  I have 3 sisters and I know I can count on one of them to get it together with my mother but I also know they're all last minute planners...so I'm banking on not hearing a peep till at least September. :-??

• Options
    Well my shower is in 10/04 haven't done a registry or given addresses to my bestie. I am slacking in that department. however our nursery is done and we have already bought almost everything.

I have to figure out what we should register for when we have purchased so much.

super excited y'all have people purchasing on your registry!! That is super exciting!! I can't believe how time is flying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"