May 2014 Moms

Sleep regression

So for the past 3wks DS has slept from 930p-430/530a he would then go back to sleep until 730/8a. However these past 2 nights he has been waking up every 3-4hrs. So from 930p-130/230a and back to sleep until 530/630a. Is this just a fluke and he'll go back to his normal sleep schedule? Or do I need to train him all over again and deal with getting up twice a night? He is 9wks old. And frankly I don't know if I can handle twice a night now that I'm back to work. I do the night shifts myself because MH is working.

Re: Sleep regression

• Mine did that too for 2 nights and is back to her normal schedule and sleeping in later. Hopefully just a fluke :)

• Oh and last night she slept in her crib the first time and went back to her normal schedule so that could of been it too.

• Loading the player...
  • Mine did this for a few days last week (she is 9w1d) but is working towards longer stretches again. Did a 7 hr on Sat night. Last night wasn't as great but at least we had a 5 hour stretch. Many ppl blame a Wonder Week for this! It was so frustrating!! Hang in there!
  • mrsbtobe20122mrsbtobe20122 member
    edited July 2014
    My LO did this at the same time. I'm blaming it on a wonder week. We have two more days til the leap should be over, hopefully he will go back to sleeping. He was going 8-10 hours straight. At 9 weeks all of a sudden he was up every 2-3 hours. Now it's 5 wake,3 wake up for the day.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• There is a growth spurt that happens around 9 weeks (3/6/9 rule, weeks, then months) so it could just be that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There is a growth spurt that happens around 9 weeks (3/6/9 rule, weeks, then months) so it could just be that.

This. Or a number of things in which it will pass and you'll probably never figure out. Ds had a bad fussy night and is now fussy. He's passed out on my shoulder. No idea why. But I'm watching that 70s show and bumping.

Newborns and infants don't stay consistent for long. It's annoying but they don't regulate until they have 2 naps a day around 6 months then drop their first nap as toddlers. Just have to go with the flow as much as possible and embrace the good night's and go with the bad.

Next thing is teething soon which will be a whole new ball game. And the four month wakeful. Aren't kids fun?
  • @anniemore we just ended the 2nd wonder week. So I'm hoping this is the issue. And that he will go back his normal in a day or two. And it's all good to know that a growth spurt happens at 9wks. I never noticed his 3 and 6 week growth spurt. He was pretty much the same. So this is all new to me. It's just frustrating.
  • LO was ten weeks on Saturday. For about a week he'd been sleeping 5-6 hr stretches at night but Sunday night and last night he started waking every 2.5-3 hrs again to eat! I've been also wondering what's going on!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is rare if my little guy sleeps more than 5 hours and he is 11 weeks. Had a few nights of 6-7 but way more 2-3 hour stretches! After having the longer stretches if is super hard to go back to the 2-3! I feel your pain!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"