Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Please help me!

I've created a really bad habit out of desperation. My 6mo DD is a terrible sleeper and has never given me more than 4 solids hours of sleep since birth. I think twice in month 2-3 she did 6 but never again. I have no help, my DH is a great guy most of the time but when it comes to this subject is really on my shit list. My parents live 2 hrs away but they're in the bottle most of the time and I don't feel comfortable letting them watch my kids. That's really sad to say but honest. I work a very demanding job so after being up multiple times an evening with my sweetheart I then have to go try and manage other people's money.

Out of desperation to get a few hours sleep I put the baby in bed with me to nurse. It seemed to help but it has now turned into she can only sleep next to me and with my breast in her mouth as a pacifier.

During the day with our nanny she will sleep about 3+ hours but never solid. She will wake periodicly to which the nanny will offer a bottle which she takes.

Now I'm trying to break her of the nighttime nursing thing and get her in her crib......now my maybe 4 hours of sleep has turned into I've seen every hour on the clock tonight. My DH is of no help because he says I've got the breasts and he needs to be there for our 2 year old.

I don't understand the sleep training CIO worked awesome on DD 1 but DD 2 is not receptive. I need another alternate as Ferber is not working on this baby.

Additionally LO seems to have pretty bad acid reflex - we're seeing the doc tomorrow as they want to put her on something.

I want to run away and get some shut eye!!!!! Please tell me it's gonna get better cause I'm starting to get delirious ! Could reflux be the culprit ??
image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Please help me!

• I'm sorry- I feel your pain. I have 6 month old twins and they haven't ever slept more than three hours at night. They both are being treated for reflux and it was worse at night so before trying sleep training I would definitely rule out and treat anything physical going on. I know eventually it will get better for all of us!!!! Hopefully sooner than later though!
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • ChrMooChrMoo member
    Thank you, I do appreciate any words of positive movement. I just came back from the ped's office and they confirmed she has reflux, they actually saw that there was some vomit in her sinus cavity.....I'm sure that must be very uncomfortable feeling. They called us in Zantac so I am hopeful this will help resolve one of the problems, next step sleep training then a swift kick in the ass to the DH. I'm praying that each night does get a little better, I mean it would have to I couldn't imagine it getting worse.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurking.

I'm wondering if you exclusively bf or does she also get formula? Your nanny could actually be inadvertently contributing by offering a bottle so often. At 6 months you should be able to get into a pretty good routine with feedings and naps. I know a lot of people feed on demand but in your situation I think establishing a consistent routine may help. Also, have you tried any kind of white noise to help soothe her at night?

Our baby has been on Zantac for her reflux since about 2 months and it has made a world of difference. I hope you find some relief!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • It will get better!!! It may not be tomorrow, it may not be next week... but when it does happen, it will feel amazing!!

We're here for you mama!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would also demand that you demand dh to take the kids somewhere so you can rest for an afternoon. Once you catch up a little maybe you can think clearly. I am sure you ate starting to lose it ;). Good luck!
  • My lo started liquid omeprazole and went from waking every 1.5 hours every night to waking 1-2x a night with less screaming/crying and better naps. It took about 3-4 days before we saw a difference in sleeping.
  • Just wanted to say I feel you on the DH thing. My fiance' is a great father but when it comes to letting me get some rest, it's like it completely goes over his head. He thinks that if he is watching her here at home (in our bedroom, where he plays on his computer) that I should be able to rest (in the same bedroom), but that's not how it works for me.. I need him to take her somewhere for a few hours. GEEZ.

RANT OVER. I hope you and baby find some relief soon! & that the reflux gets better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"