1st Trimester
Options

jury duty

I'm 5 weeks pregnant. So far no nausea, but with my last pregnancy I was sick from about 6 weeks up until the day I delivered. I couldn't keep anything down. I was eventually prescribed Zofran, but that didn't always help.
I started serving on a grand jury last month. That means I have to go to jury duty once a month, every month, for the next year. I know once I have the baby and I start breast feeding, I will be excused. I was just wondering if anyone has had to serve while pregnant with morning sickness *or all day sickness, and how it was handled.

Re: jury duty

• Options
    I wasn't necessarily trying to get out of it, I just didn't know if I was allowed to get up during the cases. I mean, they can't keep me in there if I have to puke LOL. Right now I have the very first seat in the first row, so if I get out I'll have to go past everyone to get out. I guess I'll just have to talk to them and see if I can get a seat by the door.
  • Options
    I carried puke bags for months at work when I was morning sick, and several times that was the only thing that saved me from making a mess on the carpet. If your sickness is that severe (and not everyone's is) some plastic bags in your purse will make a big difference.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Amazon has the sealable/disposable airsick bags for purchase in bulk. I carried those everywhere when I was in first tri with DS.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm a SAHM now, but I worked full time during my first pregnancy. Let's just say, I was very lucky to sit close to the bathroom. Every morning for 9 months. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"