May 2014 Moms
Options

Wonder Weeks

Who here has the wonder weeks app or book? How accurate has it been or have you noticed a difference in your LO during the stormy periods? I know it says to start from your due date not the birth date so was just wondering how it's going for yall. ( :

Re: Wonder Weeks

• Options
    I have the app. I haven't noticed any change when she's supposedly going through a leap but I'm going to pay closer attention next time, third one apparently starts in 1 day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the app. I think it's interesting, but not accurate for us. Maybe cause my DD is always pretty much stormy. I was getting my hopes up for the sunshine weeks only to get let down when the thunder came :/
  • Options

I have the app. It's pretty accurate. I notice he's fussy and typically he is in a ww. I feel it helps me handle it better knowing it's a phase and looking at the chart helps me see there is an end in sight.

This exactly. Whether he's fussy or a change in sleep pattern etc--- good to know there's an end in sight. I've noticed he tends to be worse in the middle of the leap then progressively improves toward the end. 3 more days til sunshine!!!

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    I use the app and definitely notice now when she's in a leap.
  • Options
    Cook251 said:

I have the app also and actually feel like it's more accurate using my LOs bday even though she was 3 1/2 weeks early. But it's nice to know what new skills to look for also.

See I'm having the same thing! My lo was born 4 weeks early and I use the app just don't know really what to expect.

• Options
    spacepotatoesspacepotatoes member
    edited July 2014
    Cook251 said:
    I have the app also and actually feel like it's more accurate using my LOs bday even though she was 3 1/2 weeks early. But it's nice to know what new skills to look for also.

I kind of feel like this too. Mine was exactly 1 week early.

I love knowing what skills to watch for. I find the book has more details about the fussy signs and good suggestions for playing with/stimulating LO during each phase.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This was interesting to read. I was trying to decide if I should buy the book or just get the app. The reviews on the app aren't that great but it's cheaper than the book. Thoughts? Opinions?
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have the app. And I like it because I know what to look for, as to what he should be kind of doing right now. But he is going through sleep problems right now.. And he ended his 2nd leap the other day. So I don't know about the timing of it all.
  • Options
    I have the app and I really like it! Also feel like it is pretty darn spot on.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @libbylu7‌ I have the app and wish I didn't spend $ on it. Doesn't really say much more than you'll find on other apps/sites. If you can get it free that's awesome. She was fussy on the first day they said she would be stormy but we've also had good days when the app says she should be stormy. And once you read the description of the leap that lasts 2 weeks, there isn't anything else to learn from it. Eh
  • Options
    I have the book and it's pretty spot on so far.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The book is pretty repetitive but is more detailed and has good suggestions for toys/games to go with each leap. I just got it from the library and plan to scan the checklists and things I'm interested in. The app is enough of a reference after that.
  • Options

The 2nd leap (7.5-9.5 weeks) was DEAD ON. To the day. She went from sleeping in two 5-6 hour stretches at night to waking every 2-3 for those two weeks. Since that leap ended she has slept 8-9 hours straight. There is an end!

Thank you Lord!!

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012

• Options
    I have the book and app. I like both. I read the book while I'm pumping and I only read the chapters about the leap coming up. So I'm only reading a small chunk at a time. It has been pretty spot on for us. I like the book mostly for the games and things to start doing with LO after each leap.

Anniversary

• Options

The 2nd leap (7.5-9.5 weeks) was DEAD ON. To the day. She went from sleeping in two 5-6 hour stretches at night to waking every 2-3 for those two weeks. Since that leap ended she has slept 8-9 hours straight. There is an end!

Thank you sweet baby Jesus! We're in the middle of the 2-3 hour wake ups again and it's killing me. I want my 6-8 hour stretches again!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Just wanted to say my super sleeper is baaaaaack. I'm even more convinced it was a wonder week problem. 11 hours with one feed, I will take it!

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012

• Options
    I think my LO is a week ahead. Her sunny period started a week early and then she was terrible during her sunny period. I always thought my due date was a week off.
    @bunannie‌ She is also have terrible tantrums already if something's not doing what she wants it to and at night as well. It's starting to get better and it's been a week.

• Options
    yes to all of this - tantrums when walking away/putting him down at night, waking again at night which he hasn't done in MONTHS, etc etc. If this lasts until 37 weeks God help me! 
  • Options

I pray it's only the first couple of weeks @comicsans. Even that seems like a long time. DS also has 2 more teeth that just broke through. He also had croup and a cold. I'm losing my ever loving mind.

• Options
    PS @bunannie - our LOs are the exact same age!
  • Options
    @bunannie‌ mine is doing that. It's a huge fight then she sleeps like 10-20 minutes and takes another early nap but fights to take a third even though the second is also 20 minutes. She is teething too so makes for awesome sleep!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"