Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Swing, bounce chair, or both?

New mom... Can't decide which one is more important or if both are necessary.

Re: Swing, bounce chair, or both?

• Options
    asm07asm07 member
    All babies are different. We have both the snugabunny swing and bouncer, but our baby rarely used the swing and didn't enjoy the bouncer until she was a couple months old. Unless you don't mind buying both and storing them, see if you can buy used or borrow them from a friend to find out which one your baby prefers.
  • Options
    We had both and used both almost daily. Just packed them up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used both with all three of my kids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member
    I liked the portability of the bouncer. I used to take it into the bathroom when I'd shower on maternity leave. My first kid hated the swing. The second LOVED it. I agree with borrowing or perhaps buying used if you don't want to buy both new.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    MurkelMurkel member
    Thanks, everyone! I think I will get both (hopefully used or borrowed since everything is so much $$$) and if we don't end up using one I can sell it or keep it for baby # 2.
  • Options
    I have a Graco Elite from Babies R Us that is a combo! Just got it last week and it's great. The seat part can sit on the floor and is a bouncer, you can carry it around with the handle, then it sits in the swing part and it's a glider swing. And it plugs in, which I read is really so much more convenient than changing batteries.
  • Options
    We used both. But not for long time periods. 
  • Options

Target sells a combo swing and bouncer called Graco® Duo 2-in-1 Swing and another one is called Graco® Duet Connect™ 2-in1 Swing and Bouncer. I too want to get both, so I may look into these.

Here are the links :)         

https://www.target.com/p/graco-duo-2-in-1-swing/-/A-13773926#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=swing%2Fbouncer

https://www.target.com/p/graco-duet-connect-2-in1-swing-and-bouncer/-/A-14243402#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=swing%2Fbouncer

• Options
    I have the 3 in 1 Graco swing, bouncer and rocker. It is amazing! I put my DS in the bouncer so I could shower and when I would need to move around the house. The vibrator really did work in keeping him asleep or calm. The swing was great for naps.
  • Options
    ILMomma said:

I have the 3 in 1 Graco swing, bouncer and rocker. It is amazing! I put my DS in the bouncer so I could shower and when I would need to move around the house. The vibrator really did work in keeping him asleep or calm. The swing was great for naps.

I have to add that it was expensive and we received it as a shower gift but if we didn't I would have bought it myself. We plan on having more children so it can be reused.
  • Options

both! I saw graco came out with a 2-in-1. Maybe take a look?

DD loved her FP Snug a Bunny swing. And so did I since that was the best way to get her to sleep from about month 4-6!

• Options
    fsumomfsumom member
    I have neither and we're surviving.  I only have a Rock n' Play but wish I had a swing at times.
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    Looks like I'm going to be the first to suggest the mamaroo by 4 moms.  It's expensive but check craigslist (we go ours for $130 basically brand new in the box on craiglist).  It's a plug in multi-function swing with different patterns, speeds, and we can plug an ipod into it for music.  Our son absolutely loves it, and it's awesome for us.  My wife is a NICU nurse, and it's what they use there, and I can understand why.  Once he's in there he's calm or fast asleep.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"