Multiples

advice: 37 weeks pregnant with 2nd set of twins (18 months apart)

Hi! 
I am about to give birth to my second set of twins. My first twins are 18 months old! I am a little nervous about the logistics of things. I am looking for any advice you all may have about 4 kids under the age of two or having two sets of twins so close. Encouragement? LoL :) 

please and thank you! 

Read my Blog for more details: http://hearts2adopt.blogspot.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: advice: 37 weeks pregnant with 2nd set of twins (18 months apart)

• No advice but good luck!!
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JenyB6JenyB6 member
    I do not have experience with 4 under 2 but you will find your groove. The big plus us you already know what is in store dealing with twins. Try and not think to much about "what if" take things one step at a time. Good Luck you will do great.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I "only" have one two year old and one set of 11week old twins, but I will say that it should be nice having the 18 mo olds have each other as playmates. My toddler wants my attention and it's hard for me to constantly entertain her while caring for the babies. I used to watch a little boy her age for a year and they played together a lot and I had more time to do stuff around the house. So, at least you have that going for you. Try to get the new twins napping while your older twins are napping. I started schedules with the twins way earlier than I did with DD and since around 7/8 weeks they have been napping around 1pm when DD does and also we put them all down at night around the same time. So helpful! Good luck, you are amazing!
  • Congratulations!  I only have twins, but, I think that you should say yes to everyone who asks if you need help (try to lock them down to a day at the time they ask).  Don't be afraid to ask for help, too.
  • Thank you all so much for the encouragement and suggestions! Any advice on how to feed two newborns plus two toddlers? 
    Read my Blog for more details: http://hearts2adopt.blogspot.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I had a 16 mo old when the triplets were born. They were in NICU between six and eight weeks. Best piece of advice is your older ones a lot of attention and be with them alone each day, even if only for an hour.

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• @hearts2adopt

Honestly when I would feed the babies that was the most stressful parts of my day.  It was a juggling act every three hours but we all survived and you will too!  Those long days seem like such a blur now (and it was only a year ago!).  My saving grace was a very strict schedule.  The babies ate every three hours during the day (8am, 11, 2, 5, 8pm) and I worked the toddler's schedule around the babies' schedule (for example--the toddlers napped at 1:30 so I would put them down and then feed the babies at 2).  Not every day was perfect but most days went pretty smoothly if I stuck to the schedule.  

Things that helped:
    --I did all of my prep work the night before.  I made all of the bottles for the next day and I also made the toddler's lunch.  
    --I went to the Dollar Store and Target's dollar bins and bought LOTS of new toys.  I would pull those out when I feed the babies to keep them entertained and occupied.  Things that worked well:  coloring books, stickers, the water-pen coloring books, anything Crayola with the magic markers, books, little people figures, etc.  I would rotate through these every 2-3 weeks so when I would pull back out the Elmo coloring book & stickers they were excited since they hadn't seen them in a while.  
    --Flashlights were another big hit with the older girls.  We would play the "flashlight game" while I fed the babies.  This would entertain them for an HOUR (it was amazing).  I would say "Where are Mommy's toes?" and they would have to point the light on my toes, etc.  
    --But most of the time I would feed one baby at a time so I could walk around to manage the toddlers.  I would feed a baby while sitting in the playroom doing a puzzle, helping another go pee-pee on the potty, etc.  It was a lot of walking while holding a baby and a bottle....
    --The older girls were in Mother's Morning Out twice a week and that helped a lot too.  
    --And I'm not going to lie---we also watched a lot of tv when I would have to feed the babies.  Curious George, Sesame Street, Sofia the First, etc... 

You will manage and survive.  Feeding two babies while managing two toddlers was my biggest worry and it was hard.  Many days tested my patience but we got through it and you will too.  :)   
    m/c: Oct 2008
    m/c: Jan 2010
    dx: uterine lining issues
    IUI #1 BFP! Twins! A & E born Mar 2011 (37w1d)
    Then became pregnant with spontaneous twins! Twins again! MK & H born Mar 2013 (37w2d)  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"