May 2014 Moms
Options

PPD weekly check in - July 20

***Fyi: I have decided to keep the questions pretty consistent and have one new question each week which will be above the "questions/anything else" question.***

How old is LO?

Any updates on diagnosis, medication or appointments you want to share?

Any new PPD symptoms? Any that have gone away or better/worse?

Rants/raves?

How are you taking care of yourself this week?

Do you have any fave websites, quotes, resources that have helped you cope with PPD?

Questions for the group/anything else?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PPD weekly check in - July 20

• Options
    How old is LO?

Almost 11 weeks

Last week I posted I went up from 50 to 75mg of Zoloft and I think it's helped a lot so hopefully I am now at the sweet spot for dosage.

I had a really good week. A few minor rough patches on a couple days but not bad at all. Also read my rave:)

Rants/raves?

Rant: I haven't been able to work out yet besides walks with dd and my body is nasty. Working out used to be such a huge part of my identity and I need it back for my sanity (and pp body). That work out thread made me jealous. My dd has had extreme colic so I just haven't been "able" to pass her off to DH for workout time because he stinks at soothing her and frankly nobody else could soothe her either so I felt like I couldn't have any breaks. But, I have a plan...read on:)

Raves: I flew with dd this week to visit my BFF and it went great! She wasn't perfect on the plane rides but everyone was so nice and I felt so calm and patient with her. I had crazy anxiety about this trip but needed to see my friend so badly. Being with her was like free therapy. She also had PPD so she was an awesome sounding board.

Also, I think dd turned a corner on her colic in the last three days! I can actually put her down in the swing or playmat without her crying and she is chill for about 5-15 minutes which I have never had. I could go on and on about her improvements, it's such a relief!!!!!!!

I ordered T25 (workout DVD program) and got dh's commitment that he has both kids for a half hour 5 days a week so I can workout and have a break.

Do you have any fave websites, quotes, resources that have helped you cope with PPD?

"On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good"

Postpartumprogress.com

Questions for the group/anything else?

Nope, hope you all are doing okay this week.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How old is LO?

Almost 8 weeks

I thought I was doing good for a few days there. But had some major panic attacks so I had to call on my parents and my in-laws to take LO for a few days. I would wake up and just would know that I couldn't do it that day. I called in and got some Ativan in addition to my Zoloft to help. I kinda feel a little zombie like but it's way better than before. I see my OB today, and I don't know exactly what we are going to talk about, but hopefully we can get a plan going.

The terrible anxiety that hits me in the mornings is so so bad. The Ativan seems to be calming that, but I'm now super tired.

Rants/raves?

Rant: just wishing my body would give me a break and function properly. Also I feel like there are a lot of people out there who don't understand PPD and it's hard for them to know what's going on with me.

Raves: my BFF who also suffered from PPD. I called her to ask some questions and get some insight on PPD since she had been through it and no more than 10 mins later she was at my door with Chinese takeout in hand ready to talk for hours. I love her so much.

Getting out in the sun as much as I can. Trying to eat. Accepting help when it is offered and trying not to feel guilt over it.

Postpartumprogress.com x 1 million
    Love that site!

Questions for the group/anything?

Just sending love to you all.... This week made me realize just how hard and long this journey might be.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for that website. Looks helpful. I was wondering if anyone else had hallucinations of baby crying or baby being on top of them, etc. I had this the first few weeks after mine was born. It seemed so real. I told this to one of my friends who didn't have PPD and she said she did too. Is this normal or is it related to depression or anxiety?
  • Options
    LO is 11 weeks No change from last week, still feeling pretty good. Rant: I wish I could get motivated to exercise or pick up the phone and call a friend sometimes but I guess I should be thankful for how I feel before I go and get down on myself already. What's helped me cope is just telling DH how I feel when I'm feeling it. Like we're heading to a party with his friends so I tell him in anxious about being there. This way he knows that when I say I'm ready to go I mean it and he knows why I'm ready. Great quote @smdukes‌ Just wanted to say I hope you all have a good week and I'm here if you need a shoulder
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"