Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Opinions on the mountain buggy cosmopolitan vs. Phil & Teds smart lux

Hello! I am looking into these two strollers and it's proving to be quite difficult as to which is the best buy! They both have bassinet options, front and forward facing seat positions and have a nice smooth ride. Both strollers allow you to remove the stroller seat & use an adapter to clip on a car seat which I love! The Phil & Teds smart lux is 399Cad vs the MB cosmopolitan which is pricier, just over 500$ Or so. Does anyone own any of these strollers? If so what are your opinions?I'm open to recommendations on others strollers as well :)

Re: Opinions on the mountain buggy cosmopolitan vs. Phil & Teds smart lux

• Options
    Sorry I don't have any experience with either of these strollers.
    I would suggest that you check them out and see which one fits better in your car, the weight of the strollers, which one you feel comfortable with closing and opening.
    Is there a reason why the huge price gap? If so, is that justifiable for you. Etc.
    Good luck, and hopefully some other ladies on the board can help out with more opinions/advice.
  • Options

I don't know anything about the P&T Smart Lux, but I heavily considered the MB Cosmo.  I thought it was the perfect fit for us, until I went to a store and saw it in person.  These were the reasons I didn't buy it:

1.) The handle bar does not adjust AT ALL, and it's short.  My husband is 6'-4" and would've been slouching over to push the stroller.

2.) The seat back height is VERY short compared to other similar strollers.  My kids are tall, so it was a non-starter from the beginning.

3.) The floor model in the store was really wobbly and loose, and the clip that keeps it closed when it's folded wasn't working.  It seriously made me question the durability of the stroller.

In the end, we went with the Baby Jogger City Versa and purchased the bassinet for it, and I'm sooo happy we did.  It's an AMAZING stroller and does everything you mentioned.  Unfortunately, BJ is not producing any 2014 models (supposedly they will start again in 2015 - I'm anticipating a redesign with a few tweaks), but you can still get the 2013 on Amazon for a GREAT price right now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the MB cosmo and love it.  I am 5'8, wife is 5'2 and it works for both of us.  I can see it being an issue if you're over 6'.  Both are similar to each other as they are practically the same.  Same company really.  We chose MB Cosmo over Vista, Baby Jogger and others bc I loved the denim and color, turquoise.  I find the Cosmo super easy to fold and the Smart Lux doesn't seem to be any more difficult.  I'm not sure if the Smart Lux has the re-enforced basket, though.  That is one thing I like about the Cosmo.  

Have you been to a store to play with them?  That is what really helped us.  I was dead set on the Vista until I messed with it in store.  It was more difficult to fold and not as compact as I thought.  Only way I found out was to mess with it in person. 

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"