Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Back Again

Unfortunately I am back again- currently on misoprostol and hoping that it works. Will have HCG levels tested again on Monday- were at 300 on 7-14-14. Since this is my second miscarriage I just wanted to know if anyone has had good experience with misoprostol actually working. Hopefully I will be able to get some answers from the doctor once my HCG levels are back down.

Re: Back Again

• I'm sorry for your loss. 

There's a thread pinned to the top titled Advice and Experience. That thread has a thread linked of personal stories from people that used Cytotec/misoprostol. I hope it works well for you. Good luck.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I have heard of others who had good results with misoprostol, unfortunately mine was not so great as I had to repeat it three times before having to do a D&C. However, I'm glad I decided to take that option first as it gave me more finality to the situation in my home with my husband rather than surround by strangers in the doctor's office or a hospital. Each of my doses were vaginal and induced the bleeding and my second brought on the bulk of the miscarriage, the rest tried to manage the remaining tissue.

I wish I had good advice to give but I will say buy plenty of pads and throw on old towel by the toilet or shower in case of spotting on the good rugs. I personally spent the majority of my time sitting in the bottom of my shower because the bleeding was too much to manage comfortably with pads.  My pain came on strong by the 5th hour in all three cases but manageable with a percocet. Everyone strongly differs on pain level though it is based more on far along at the time than on pain tolerance.

I am sorry for your loss and I hope your misoprostol experiences follows smoothly. If I can answer any questions you may have, I'll do the best I can based on what I know. There was also recent board with similar topic the other day entitled Misoprostol I believe.

Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.

BFP #1 05/19/14, EDD 01/19/15, MMC 06/12/14 

BFP #2 10/10/14, EDD 06/19/15

• Loading the player...
  • Ticker warning.

I'm so sorry for your loss. No experience with misoprotol but hope everything goes quickly. Hugs.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"