1st Trimester
Options

My luck has run out...

Thursday would have made me officially six weeks along. I had been doing good and hardly even felt pregnant at all, the only symptoms being sore boobs and sleepiness. However, just this morning I was in the kitchen making my lunch and felt nauseous and before I could even run to the bathroom I was retching over the kitchen sink and quickly threw up and felt great afterward.

I know I am going to be on a long path of this as I was sitting in the office not too long ago feeling like I was going to vomit again. Fortunately this time I could actually eat and sip on some Pepsi before it decided to creep up my throat. Basically my point of writing this is to just get other people's secrets of how they handle morning sickness. I'm willing to try just about anything. My hours are being increased at work and there is no way I can miss any days because I'm too sick. I know that there is no "magic cure" and my body is basically gonna do whatever the hell it feels like, but some tips would be amazing.

Thank you!

Re: My luck has run out...

• Options
    BriLJLBriLJL member
    Eat tiny snacks throughout the day. I have been feeling so sick that I haven't wanted to eat at all, but I always feel a little better after I have something to eat. And sip on ginger ale. That seems to be working for me too.
  • Options
    Diclectin helped me a lot, but it also made me drowsy on top of the exhaustion. Saltines, peanut butter and club soda were my go to foods for a little while. I found any combination of carbs and fruit to be the best.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Peat small frequent meals, crackers and light stuff. If it's bad enough that you can't go through your day then u can talk to ur doc about getting meds.
  • Options
    Seasick bands helped me.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for your suggestions! I actually bought some sea bands and they worked pretty well at keeping the nausea at bay. I went camping this last weekend and made it three days without getting sick. The morning after I got home I had to run to the restroom after I woke up. Maybe it's my house lol
  • Options
    B6 and unisom at night. That's what diclectin is buti don't like being sleepy during the day so I just took the b6 during the day
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"