Secondary IF
Options

If you had to name multiples right now...

Steph1673Steph1673 member
edited July 2014 in Secondary IF
Since many of us with IF treatments are in the position for a higher probability of multiples down the road, I thought it would be fun to hear people's ideas for sibsets: boy/boy, girl/girl and boy/girl. I have some individual favorite names, but their rankings would change if I was naming twins (or more).
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

Re: If you had to name multiples right now...

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Boy/Boy: Theodore David and Oliver Joseph (or Hugo Charles) 
    Girl/Girl: Jane Catherine and Caroline Rose 
    Boy/Girl: Caroline Jane and Theodore David

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, if we have twins, it would be so hard.  I know this.  But at the same time, I still hope for a two for one. I figure if I have to go through with anything, I would love to get it all taken care of in one shot!  As far as names, I don't know.  We have one girl name that we are committed to using.  Other than that, we don't know, really.  I've got a second middle name for a girl.  And, we have a middle name for a boy.  But I just don't know. 
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Options
    I have no idea, but I am also terrified of the idea of twins. I'm a "twinless" identical (my sister passed away from a cord accident right before birth). I am afraid of the risks and I know that things might be better monitored now than they were 30 years ago, but I can't shake the fear so I live in denial that twins could happen for me.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jodee37 said:
    Jekyll and Hyde? Ok I am a weirdo but don't link to share my favorite names. Call me selfish ha ha
    LOL. I get it. No one IRL ever hears our names, and we kept names a secret with DD (Team Green), but I like to share with those who won't tell our friends/family, and love hearing ideas :-)

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    @JimBobCooter‌ and @annibes‌ and @GraceyandTroy‌ I too freak at the thought of two embies sticking. But I am more terrified of having none if I only transfer 1
    Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• Options

Jodee37 said:
    @JimBobCooter‌ and @annibes‌ and @GraceyandTroy‌ I too freak at the thought of two embies sticking. But I am more terrified of having none if I only transfer 1
    That's the truth. We transferred 2 twice, and have 0 babies to show for it. We were talking about possibly transferring 3 next time, the problem is, the more embryos you transfer only increases your chances for multiples it doesn't nothing for your overall success- so that basically translates (in my mind) that either all 3 will stick or none will stick- because fucking science.  :-q

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For me:

Boys- Corban Preston and Xander Everett

Girls- Tayler Sophia and Skylar Iris

Boy/Girl- Corbin Preston and Tayler Sophia

Can you tell I've thought this out a while?

My DD Ryann Olivia was a identical twin. We lost her right before my first trimester. Her name is Augusta Josephine.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options

girls: polly and esther

TTC #2 since 8/2012

IUI #1 April 2014: BFN

IUI #2 July 2014: BFN

IUI #3 August 2014: BFN

BFP: September 15, due May 22nd 2015

• Options
    @jimbobcooter, you never know what will happen. My last donor had a history of donations resulting in 2 sets of twins and one set of triplets. And I've got nothing after transferring two. Actually, I've transferred 2 a total of 5 different times now, resulting only in one singleton pregnancy. I wish everyone the best of luck, but you just never know.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
  • Options
    oh fun!

boy/girl Kyle and Olivia
    boy/boy Kyle and no idea at all
    girl/girl Addison and Olivia
  • Options
    Oh, JimBobCooter.  You are so right, and I am so sad and heartbroken because of it.  It hurts so much and is way too hard to do constantly.  I love these occasional threads where we can all take a walk in fantasyland and dream about a world where we aren't burdened by dreams that may never come true.  

You are strong and I am so glad to have you as a part of this family.  I am honored to have become friends with so many of the ladies here who love each other deeply, who mourn together, who rejoice together, and who, most importantly, hope against hope when reality is too hard to bare alone.

chicagobride_07I'm all for helping to protect each other's hearts from unrealistic expectations.  But I don't think this is the thread for that.  We all know.  We are all just enjoying a little reprieve from heartache.
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Options
    @chicagobride_07 Thanks for bumping up this thread from A MONTH AGO, just to let us all know how much infertility sucks?  That's a really interesting perspective, so glad you came to share it with the class  8-|

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"