June 2014 Moms

MOTN FEEDINGS Weekender Edition

Your midnight to morning place to hang out. New thread Monday.

How goes it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MOTN FEEDINGS Weekender Edition

• Loading the player...
  • LO is hungry but too frustrated to wait for milk to letdown. He just screams at my boob, but that isn't helping letdown either. We've been trying for 15 minutes. DH is getting frustrated which always makes me frustrated.

Have you tried doing some breast massage before feeding to help with letdown? Also there are earth mama angel baby "booby tubes" which are little warm compresses that feel and smell amazing that you can warm up and wear in your bra for 5 min before feeding to help encourage letdown.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1991b9.aspx[/img][/url]}
  • b48kateb48kate member
    edited July 2014
    Need opinions...husband just finished his first week back at work and I have been the babies exclusive "night nurse all week. When he was off work (for two weeks after delivery) he was responsible for nighttime diaper changes. On weekend nights where he is not working the next day, should he go back to diaper duty or do I continue as the sole nighttime caregiver?
  • Need opinions...husband just finished his first week back at work and I have been the babies exclusive "night nurse all week. When he was off work (for two weeks after delivery) he was responsible for nighttime diaper changes. On weekend nights where he is not working the next day, should he go back to diaper duty or do I continue as the sole nighttime caregiver?

I usually change night time diapers because I'm already up. I do the 4 am change and usually hand him off for the 7 am change.
  • LO just went down after a long day of cat naps and lots of stimulation at chuck e cheese. Let's hope he sleeps more than his two hours.
  • sjn00sjn00 member
    Jeeze after only sleeping an hour since 3pm this baby finally went back to sleep at 11pm only after a fit of crying because Youtube wasnt working so I couldnt get her white water noise going... Seriously not even a min after finally getting it to play she was out... I need something more reliable.. What is everyone using for white water noises for those using it?? I just downloaded 3 apps hoping that will work. I am so worried about traveling and staying at another house with how picky she is to sleep. Blaah.
  • LO sucks at burping. Farts/grunts like a champ.
    mrsgerman said:

LO sucks at burping. Farts/grunts like a champ.

I don't know if you have tried this or not but I read on another post a few days ago to gently bounce them up and down a few times between feeding and burping. My lo would hardly ever burp for me but when I started doing this I was able to get a burp from him almost every time.
    Whoever it was who mentioned it is a genius.. I just wish I remember who
    I bounce her and that does seem to work usually! But I don't do it in the middle of the night or if she is super sleepy. Everything is harder during the MOTN though...

• BMaidPlannerBMaidPlanner member
    edited July 2014
    SaraJoy00 said:

Jeeze after only sleeping an hour since 3pm this baby finally went back to sleep at 11pm only after a fit of crying because Youtube wasnt working so I couldnt get her white water noise going... Seriously not even a min after finally getting it to play she was out... I need something more reliable.. What is everyone using for white water noises for those using it?? I just downloaded 3 apps hoping that will work. I am so worried about traveling and staying at another house with how picky she is to sleep. Blaah.

Spotify on my phone or comp or DH's phone for the water noise.

• lest12lest12 member
    lest12 said:

Totally have him help. I get so annoyed when DH doesn't.

Like, just now, when DH didn't help me change the baby who had peed through his onesie and swaddle blanket, because someone, ahem, refuses to use the size 1 diapers until we go through the last package of NB ones, as not to waste any.

image        image

• lest12 said:

lest12 said:

Like, just now, when DH didn't help me change the baby who had peed through his onesie and swaddle blanket, because someone, ahem, refuses to use the size 1 diapers until we go through the last package of NB ones, as not to waste any.
    Wtf. So sorry. Right now NB seems too small and size 1 way too big. I'm worried about a blowout with the NB diaper tonight myself.

• LO doesn't want to sleep anywhere but with me in my bed. Since I won't let her, she's waking up after only 10-15 mins of sleep in her bassinette. It's been fun.

I do all the motn diaper changes and feeds and have done all since her birth. I imagine this will continue even after I return to work since I'm nursing. No point in making us both wake up.
    image  image
    Baby GIRL born June 12
  • lest12lest12 member

lest12 said:

lest12 said:

Wtf. So sorry. Right now NB seems too small and size 1 way too big. I'm worried about a blowout with the NB diaper tonight myself.
    @BMaidPlanner‌ - in his defense, the size 1 does seem really big on his little butt! But the nb's are definitely too small.

I had to put his NB clothes aside too. I cried.

image        image

• lest12lest12 member
    @Tdonatoni‌ - that's messed up. I hope he's ok.

image        image

• My DH is the heaviest sleeper I've ever met. I never realized how bad it was until we had LO. He can sleep right through her screaming bloody murder which is great for him but sucks for me and frankly a little scary. One night he fell asleep in her room trying to get her to go to sleep and I woke up to her screaming and him fast asleep in the glider right next to the crib. He wants to help but it's easier for me to get her since it takes forever to wake him up and I'm scared he'll fall asleep taking care of her and not wake up when she cries.
  • laramtlaramt member
    @Lilygrace48‌ my dad used to do the exact same thing. My husband is totally slacking, but makes up for it on weekends by grabbing baby all morning to entertain while I sleep in. I have been using the Johnsons Lavender nighttime bubble bath, shampoo and lotion and I can definitely tell a difference. He is so floppy and relaxed after his last feed at 10pm. So far it's 2 50am here and the baby is fast asleep while I'm pumping. Fingers crossed he sleeps through til morning.
  • @BMaidPlanner‌ - sleep sheep for white noise
  • @Tdonatoni‌ I hope everything with your FIL is OK. Sounds like scary stuff.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm an idiot! I stayed up way too late making a skirt for DD and another for myself instead of sleeping. The second I got into be DS woke up ready to eat. Can't say I don't totally adore the baby snuggles though and his head smells amazing!!!

The other day at my parent's house I noticed an enormous bottle of Johnson and Johnson's baby lotion and asked my dad about it. Apparently my mom likes to rub it into DS's head so she can smell it :P
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • H&H2014H&H2014 member
    edited July 2014
    SaraJoy00 said:

@SaraJoy00‌ we have a sleep sheep - works wonders!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000GKWA66?pc_redir=1405567105&robot_redir=1
  • LO just woke up so he gave us about 3 hours! My boobs are going wtf and started to get a clogged duct so I massaged it and started to drain some in a towel and it soaked through the towel into LOs pjs and so far he hasn't choked and it's started to feel better so he must be helping.. I love that he slept longer stretch but I hate when my boobs do this! Such a double edged sword lol
  • I took a calculated risk last night and lost...sort of. We put the girls to sleep by 10 and went to bed. I expected them to be up no later than 3, so didn't pump again after my last time at 9. Woke up at 5am with rock hard engorged boobs and had to start pumping. This of course ended up waking one of the girls. Fortunately it's the weekend so I felt no guilt waking up DH to feed. I try to handle it on my own during the week when he needs to sleep for work, but he's fair game on the weekend. Love that he's helping and we'll all be back to sleep that much sooner! However, now my neurotic self is stressing over getting a clogged duct or something. Note to self -always, always, always pump before bed.
  • BMaidPlannerBMaidPlanner member
    edited July 2014
    I tried to be smart and change her diaper during her whimpers, avoiding the full cry.

She peed all over the changing pad, herself, on my bed. I was way too early with the change and couldn't tell in the dark.

So much crying. DH woke cause I asked for help. Then I had to bathe and get her out of the soaked onesie before feeding her.

Baby 1, Mommy 0.

• nutmegs8 said:

@lest12‌ definitely move up a size even though they look too big. It will save you a bunch of trouble. I was in denial when S was having blowouts; I thought the diaper was defective.

I just had to switch her to size 2 after a massive shit blowout yesterday; she's growing like a weed.

Uh oh. I got more NB. My denial is strong. Crap.

• @MrsBHM‌ that our schedule exactly! The only problem is I was getting engorged when not doing the 5/6 feeding so I didn't end up getting a lot more sleep because I was so uncomfortable I'd have to wake up to pump.
  • lest12 said:

lest12 said:

We got Target Up and up brand and found that it seems to be between pampers nb and size 1 diapers. So, that's what we are using right now!
  • My H is just like @Lilygrace48‌. I forced him to get up tonight at 12:45. He was mad and didn't change C's diaper. I'm livid. As soon as I go back to bed he's being woken up. It's his way of trying to suck so I don't make him wake up. Thanks, asshole.
    Never realized how big of a jerk my H is until having a baby. Isn't bringing a baby into the world suppose to make you love your husband more? It's just made me want to kick my H. Then he wonders why I'm mad at him all the time, even though I've told him he has to help me more or I might go insane. I think it's time to go back to counseling.

Sorry for the rant.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • steprozzsteprozz member
    edited July 2014
    after two babies I have accepted the fact that my DH will not help with anything motn. I don't even bother trying. I have noticed with him that while he loves his children unconditionally he doesn't really feel like they need him at this stage. he doesn't have the innate want and need to care for a newborn the way a mother does and thinks I should do everything for LO right now. he becomes more involved when the baby is more interactive and doesn't need as much support from him (like baby can hold his own head up and stuff). then all of a sudden he's all over playing and feeding and all that.

eta this has actually been working well for us though because he takes amazing care of DS for me while I tend to needy B
  • eryaleeryale member

LO is hungry but too frustrated to wait for milk to letdown. He just screams at my boob, but that isn't helping letdown either. We've been trying for 15 minutes. DH is getting frustrated which always makes me frustrated.

Have you tried doing some breast massage before feeding to help with letdown? Also there are earth mama angel baby "booby tubes" which are little warm compresses that feel and smell amazing that you can warm up and wear in your bra for 5 min before feeding to help encourage letdown.

This! I'm really finding my "booby tubes" helpful and they're a quick 30-sec in the microwave!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"