July 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone induced with Cytotec?

Heading into L & D later tonight or first thing in the morning to be induced due to concerns of Pre-E. Went for my 39 week appt today and blood pressure was 142/98 when dr took it so they are concerned. I also gained 5 lbs in a week so possible fluid build up. Anyway dr mentioned giving oral doses of Cytotec to help ripen the cervix and begin induction. He said Pitocin may not be needed and they may do a foley balloon if needed.

J/W if any of you ladies went the same route and how it went?

TIA!
BabyName Ticker 
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone induced with Cytotec?

• Options
    Thanks. I been reading a lot of birth stories but rather than go back and re read them all figured I would just ask here. I will take a peak back and see if I can find anything in particular about induction.
    BabyName Ticker 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes I was induced this time with Cytotec. My first birth was with cervadil so it was nice this time to have a less invasive option. It definitely softened my cervix fast but I needed pitocin to get contraction strong and regular. They didn't offer the balloon option, except if pitocin wasn't making progress. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both times I was induced with cytotec, and only got pit after the epi to make sure it didn't slow anything down. First time, it took 5 hours to feel any cramping. Second time, it took 20 minutes.

Mine wasn't oral though. They put the pill near my cervix. I had to stay in bed for 30 minutes to let it dissolve.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I was given cytotec vaginally not orally. It softened my cervix and I began having contractions but they were not regular or productive. The pitocin was what set things off. My cervix was completely closed and thick when my induction started.
  • Options
    I had cytotec vaginally. My water broke at home but I wasn't having contractions when we checked into L&D. My cervix was closed when cytotec was placed. Contractions started quickly and were painful. They checked me 4 hours after if was placed and I was only 0.5cm. However 9 hours after it was placed I was 7cm, on my way to complete with no further intervention.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same story as @quinncat‌. I ended up with an emergency c section about 30 hours after they placed the cytotec vaginally. I also had the foley bulb and then pitocin, but my labor never progressed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I went in at 0 dilation, they inserted it vaginally... no dilation after the first, so I got a second dose... got me to a 1, then got a Foley inserted in my cervix... that was like 14 hours, which got me to a 4, then got my water broken and Pitocin started.  From start of Cytotec to baby born, it was 36 hours.
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• Options
    I went in at 1cm. After 2 rounds of oral cytotec (4 hours apart) they put the balloon catheter (horrible going in but afterwards it's not bad) for 12 hours which got me to a 3 and they were able to start the pitocin.
    Broke my water 9 hours later. Started to push 5 hours after that and 45 min of pushing I had an almost 9 pounder laying on my chest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"