July 2014 Moms

STM + (again)

I'm so annoying with my STM posts...

Bringing home a new baby made us realize how big DD #1 is. She was literally our baby a week ago even though she's a little over three. Now she's seems so big, doesn't fit in our lap, and weighs a ton:) DH and I are actually both having a hard time with this. Makes me so sad! Hormones don't help but seriously.

As another poster mentioned before, it's hard to form an attachment with our newborn because that bond with DD is so strong. This goes away, right?

And an exact date that it goes away would be great ;)

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: STM + (again)

• My 3 year old seems so big now too.  It's making me sad.  But yes, the bond with your new baby will come and it will be just as strong.  I've never been one to feel in love with my new babies right away.  Sometimes it takes a little bit of time and that's normal.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You'll bond with the new LO just be patient. Everything just happens a little differently the second time around. I have yet to have my 2nd,but with plenty of family members who already have multiples it's no different. You see the bonds firm. Just be patient!
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't believe how big my 2 year old feels to me now!

image image
  • My 2 year old is shockingly huge now. I put him down for a nap today, and couldn't believe how heavy he was!
  • I can't believe how big DS1 suddenly is! I love DS2, but it just feels....different. I hope it starts to feel the same soon.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I figured it was normal. It's so weird to have the cutest little baby to cuddle but at the same time I'm like, "who are you?"

If I remember correctly I felt like I knew DD #1 right around three months.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• OMG yes! DS seems huge now and I was calling him a little peanut 2 weeks ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My almost two year old can be so frustrating (obviously) and this baby is so sweet, and a great sleeper and eater. I'm having the opposite problem - trying so hard to be patient with DS1 when all I want to do is snuggle with DS2. (FTR, I love snuggling with DS1 too, just as much, but he rarely let's me do that:)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• DS is almost 2 and he seems so big also!! In regards to bonding I'm having a hard time making sure DS1 is getting plenty of the attention he deserves
  • DS is almost 2 and he seems so big also!! In regards to bonding I'm having a hard time making sure DS1 is getting plenty of the attention he deserves

It's rough. We are sending the newborn with a sitter on Wednesday to spend time with DD. She will be excited and hopefully well-behaved lol
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• I'm experiencing this too. Ds1 seems so giant in comparison to ds2.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• BPaws said:

My darling, I could have written this myself. The first two weeks were really tough. I actually had an hour long sobbing breakdown after I realized how big the baby made DS feel. I'm ashamed to admit, I was actually kind of angry at the baby for making me realize how big he had gotten. Angry, sad, and very, very guilty.... It was awful.

We are 3 weeks in, and while I still don't feel AS bonded to DS2, I'm feeling better. DS1 is 2. He is a tiny person with emotions and feelings and more importantly, his own personality. I "know" him. We have inside jokes and favourite songs and memories together. I've come to realize that there is no way I could have that same relationship with DS2 because we don't have that. Yet. But we will. And you will too. It will get there.

So glad I'm not the only one. I'm a school teacher and off over the summer. I'm annoyed that I had baby over the summer because DD and I could be doing all sorts of fun things and enjoying ourselves. Now we are stuck inside while baby is so unpredictable. I'm sure it will get getter but it's so hard to imagine loving anyone like DD. I know it will come though, otherwise people probably wouldn't have more kids.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"