Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

gagging

My 17 month old will gag herself all day long sometimes to the point where she throws up. She's not sick and nothing has changed. I'm at my wits end with it I don't know what to do. She does it so much I have no time to do anything else. Anyone gone through this any suggestions.

Re: gagging

• Options
    I'm sorry, that sounds very frustrating. I'd probably check with her pediatrician asap, it's possible she's having an allergic reaction to something, at any rate it doesn't sound like extremely typical behavior.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Or, is she doing it with her hand? That might be because of teething, if she's sticking her hand in her mouth to chew on and inadvertately gagging herself.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS (20 months) has been doing that lately. He literally sticks his hand in his mouth and down his throat. I have tried telling him once to stop then ignoring so as not "encourage" with my attention. But, the one time I stuck with that, he did throw up on himself - as I was lotioning up after bath.

I wish I had a better answer. I really do try to ignore it most of the time so that he doesn't think it is funny. That's really the only way I know to curb it.
    Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options
    DS went through this recently. He would do it constantly but only made himself throw up twice. Once in the car seat and once actually during dinner, which was NOT fun. He thought it was hilarious. At first I kept telling him to stop, which made him do it even more. Then I started distracting him when he would do it. I would sing a song or tickle him or something to keep his mind off it. He eventually just stopped. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"