Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

MOMMY VENT

Please do not get me wrong....I love my daughter. She is my whole world and is absolutely wonderful but I have been home with her all summer since I am a teacher and I am going to lose my mind! I try to take her to do something most days but some days I don't have anything planned. I am losing my mind. She asks me for something every 5 minutes and she poops her pants 10 times a day (literally). She is fully potty trained for urine but poops her pants 10 times a day!!! She won't play with toys (and she has a thousand of them). I just want a second to myself. Or to just watch a movie the whole way through. I am starting to really lose my mind. When my husband gets home from work I am still on. AHHHHHHHHHH

Re: MOMMY VENT

• Options
    Can you get a mommy's helper for a few hours maybe once a week? That could be helpful.

Pooping 10 times a day (at almost any age) seems excessive. Is that normal for her?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    maggiesmom1maggiesmom1 member
    edited July 2014
    I literally do things 6 out of the 7 days a week... sometimes I want a break from activities. We are doing something tonight. She poops 10 times a day because she doesn't get it all out and takes hours to get out a poop it would take the average kind 5 minutes to get out. My husband does help with her when he is home but makes me feel bad that I am not doing it all. He just doesn't understand. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ya Never KnowYa Never Know member
    edited July 2014
    My husband does help with her when he is home but makes me feel bad that I am not doing it all. He just doesn't understand. 
    This would make me more mental than anything else. Fortunately DH has never tried to guilt me over anything, but I wouldn't put up with that either, or feel guilty about it.

In regards to not losing your mind with your DD, can you see if there are any play groups or meetup groups around? If she has other kids to play with, she might keep busy with them, letting you breathe, and it will probably help her to not focus so much on pooping if her brain is busy.

You could bring a book to the park or something too, and let your DD run around while you read, or do a picnic and lay around on a blanket while she runs around. DD loves that. We also bring DD to the pool on nights where she's wound and we're exhausted... We can just sit in the pool and watch her while she tires herself out.

If DH really won't help out, then see if you can get a sitter for a few hours while you unwind.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I do take her to parks, zoos, carnivals, aquariums, the beach...this kid is busy every single day but once a week I want a day home to do nothing and relax. My husband does help like I said but makes me feel bad that he has to do stuff... like I am lazy or something.             
  • Options
    yeah.yeah. member
    edited July 2014

Summer Camp.

You also need some friends. She should be playing with kids her age.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"