May 2014 Moms
Options

Drying up

I started a part time job at night were it is difficult to pump and I am my daughter s primary care giver most days alone so finding time to pump then is also getting difficult as she is awake more. Saturday she will be three months so I feel ok about going to all FF but I am nervous about the pain/leakage etc. Any advice, how long should it take etc?

Re: Drying up

• Options
    I am still in the process of drying up. I stopped pumping all together and only would hand express when I felt engorged. I took sudafed to help and ibuprofen for any pain. Then I cut down to just hand expressing in the shower sometimes. Now I still have some milk in there, but I don't even need to hand express at all anymore. I'm about a month out from when I stopped pumping.
  • Options
    You could drop one feeding at a time to make it easier on your boobs instead of going cold turkey. When DD1 dropped feedings it would take 2 days for my boobs to adjust and not be engorged.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drop pumps/feeds gradually. This is what I did and I only had one day where I was really uncomfortable.
  • Options
    I must have taken the long way out of breastfeeding. Every week I'd drop one feeding from the schedule until I was breastfeeding only once daily. I stopped breastfeeding this week when DS2 was 8 weeks old. I've had very little leakage or pain since stopping on Wednesday.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    amrokeamroke member
    Sudafed helped greatly when I did it. It took me a few weeks to slowly decrease time and frequency of pumping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"