Pregnant after IF

Questions for those who got pregnant with IUI

Hi ladies,

I'm visiting from the 3T board and was hoping some of you wouldn't mind answering some questions I have.  I'm just curious for those who did IUI, what your experience was.  I'm currently on IUI #3 and 7dpiui.  In spite of taking progesterone suppositories, I don't feel much yet in terms of symptoms.  I feel quite bloated today (which I'm worried may be OHSS - hopefully not).  And yesterday I felt a pulling/tugging sensation in my pelvis that I WANT to believe was implantation (LOL). This cycle gave me a lot of hope because right before trigger, I had 4 mature follicles (and 3 others that were in the 16.1-16.5mm range).  My RE asked how I felt about multiples but said that if she had to bet, she would guess that I end up pregnant with 1 this cycle.  I don't want to put too much stock in her saying that but it was exciting to hear!  So my questions for you all are:

1) On what IUI (ie 2nd/3rd/etc) did you get your BFP?  

2) Did you have any unusual symptoms leading up to BFP?  

3) How many days past IUI did you get your BFP?

Thanks to those who are willing to answer these for me!  ....And I really hope I can join PAIF soon!!   
**Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome

Re: Questions for those who got pregnant with IUI

• I have 2 pregnancies from iui.
    1st pregnancy, DS now 3:
    2nd iui, no unusual symptoms. I tested at 9 and 11dpiui and both were negatives. I then waited till I missed AF. Retested are 18dpiui and turned a digital.

2nd pregnancy, twins 20 wks pg:
    7th iui, no symptoms again. I tested at 10 DPO and got a barely visible positive, beta that day was 14.

I wasn't on progesterone support for any of my IUIs. I also wasn't successful any of the IUIs I triggered with.

Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • @IntuitiveBlue - Thanks for your response!  In spite of myself, your response gives me hope because I also had quite a few mature follicles at trigger (4) and had that feeling on IUI day that everything had fallen in place (RE told me I had a "beautiful" 9.6cm endometrial lining with triple line pattern and DH's count was at 15 million which she said was good and in the range they were looking for).  Anyways, hopefully I'll get a BFP when I test on Sun (that will be 9dpiui for me).  

Hope you continue to have a healthy pregnancy!  Congratulations on your twins, that is wonderful!  

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
    Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013
    April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
    May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
    June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
    July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
    August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
    August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
    November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • @BabyKsMommy - Thank you!  I hope I have the same luck you did.  I see that the 2nd time you did 7 IUI's before you got the BFP.  That's good to know because (although I know it's different for everyone), a lot of women assume that your chances diminish after 3 rounds.  I plan to continue doing more if this 3rd round isn't a success so it's good to know that isn't always the case!  

Congratulations on your twins!!  Wishing you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy.  

Me 34   Him 33

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • 1) On what IUI (ie 2nd/3rd/etc) did you get your BFP?  

We got pregnant on our 3rd IUI.  I could have sworn I was pregnant the 1st one.  RE even said it looked like something had attached.  I was devastated when we got out BFN.  IUI#2 was the same I tried not to get my hopes up, but I had the hopeful symptoms and again BFN.  IUI#3 I only did because I have a thing about 3s.  We were going to do the 3rd IUI (not expecting it to take) and then take 3 months of to focus on weight loss and then we would try again.  #3 felt like the 1st two.  Nothing different in symptoms at all.  I only took the pregnancy test (13dpiui) because the next night was Valentines day and I wanted sushi & wine.  I figured I'd check to make sure I was in clear, just to ease my mind).  DH didn't even know I had taken test.  He heard me screaming for him in bathroom and thought something awful was happening.  I really didn't think it took.  I'm 26 weeks today.

I really didn't.  I was tired, a little crampy all the stuff I usually was.  I took test Thursday night, the Sunday before I had to miss a birthday party because I was too drained.  I had thought I was coming down with a cold.  Now I think it was just because I was pregnant.

I took test 13dpIUI.  We went to RE next morning for bloodwork and they confirmed we had gotten our BFP :)

I hope that heIps.  I will keep my FX crossed for you.  I hope you get to join us soon! 
    Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
  • @Cutiecruz327 - That's great to hear!  Thanks for your response  :)  I'm on IUI #3 too and because I'm not feeling any crazy symptoms, I'm afraid this cycle will be a bust.  It is only 7dpiui though so I think I'm just being a little too overly neurotic about it (Can't help it!).  I'm gonna wait 2 more days to start testing and then see how it goes.  

Congratulations on your pregnancy and hope the next 14(?) weeks go well for you!  

Me 34   Him 33

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Thanks!  Keep us updated.

Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
  • rox825rox825 member
    Pregnancy 1 (ended in MMC): Conceived from our 2nd IUI on clomid.  Was not on any progesterone and didn't have any unusual symptoms at all during the 2WW, got my BFP at 10dpo.  My boobs did start to get pretty sore early on though, maybe around 15-16dpo. 

Pregnancy 2 (currently 24 weeks pregnant): Conceived from our 5th IUI (3rd post-MC), it was my first one on injects/gonal-f with crinone and also the first one when we did back-to-back IUIs. Again, no unusual symptoms even though I was using crinone, and got a BFP at 9dpo but wasn't totally sure if it was still the trigger, but then it was confirmed the next day when it got darker. 

Good luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• 1) On what IUI (ie 2nd/3rd/etc) did you get your BFP?  We got our BFP on IUI #2 (clomid only) & are expecting twins. I had 5 mature follicles, the doc only gave us a 5% chance of it working. I was devastated before we even started. I swear the only reason it worked was that I was ovulating when they performed the IUI & my DH sperm #'s were really good.

2) Did you have any unusual symptoms leading up to BFP?  I did have pain around 8dpIUI. . .I thought it was a sign of AF showing up early, looking back it was probably implantation. But overall, nothing out of the ordinary that made me think it worked.

3) How many days past IUI did you get your BFP? 13 dpIUI, if I could have waited for AF to show up I would have because I swore off POAS. I was traveling for work, but staying with a friend who was fostering a kitty in her guest room, so I had to know before I left.

Good luck!
    Me: 37 DH: 41
    Dx: Endometriosis
    TTC May 2012
    Jan 2014 IUI#1: BFN
    Feb 2014 IUI #2: BFP
    Beta #1: 403
    First u/s: 3/14 It is TWINS!!
    EDD: 11/12/2014 ~ Boys x2
    ~~ All welcomed ~~

• I got my BFP on my fifth IUI cycle using Gonal-F.  The difference for me, I think, was Crinone.  Previously I was on another progesterone support but mentioned that I would still get my period around 12dpiui.  So they put me on Crinone for cycle 5.  Oh and I had 1 mature follicle and 2 maybes.

I had the IUI on 3/4 and by 3/16 I was pretty sure I was pregnant.  I wasn't very hungry and my abs felt really sore. I turned a digital test on 3/17 and am currently pregnant with twins.

Me: 33, DH: 33
    Married since 2007

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • marniefmarnief member
    edited July 2014
    I got my BFP on my 4th IUI. All of mine included progesterone suppositories and trigger shot. #1 was Clomid, #2 and #3 were Femara, and #4 was Follistim. I never had any symptoms from the progesterone (I have self-diagnosed IBS, so crampy/gassy/bloating is normal for me). I got BFNs at 10dpiu and 12dpiui, first BFP at 13dpiui. Currently 33w2d.

FX for you!!
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • I also got my BFP with IUI#3. We only had 1 mature follie with a possible second.
    No unusual symptoms other than sore boobs which I had with my BFN's, so I didn't really think much about it.

I waited until 14dpiui. I was really thinking it wasn't going to work because I had such high hopes for #1 & #2 that I felt like we were just doing the 3rd so we could move on to IVF. My doctor did put me on progesterone for #3, so I am not sure if that is what made the difference for me.

I am currently 30w4d pregnant with a singleton.

Good luck to you! Hopefully we will see you over here soon!
    Me 29 DH 30 Unexplained IF TTC since wedding May 2012. IUI #1 11/5/13-BFN.  IUI #2 12/5/13-BFN. IUI #3-12/30/14. All three with Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger. +HPT 1/13/14 First +ever!!! Beta #1 195 Beta #2 1/15-533. Ultrasound on 2/4 showed one bean. EDD 9/22/14. Team Green turned Team Blue-Baby Conner arrived on 9/19/14.

• Thank you all for sharing!  I love reading all the success stories.  And of course they give me hope that I could maybe soon have one of my own  

You all seem so nice!  Thanks for taking the time to respond to me.  I would be thrilled to be able to join this group soon and be among such cool women!  ;)  

Me 34   Him 33

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • NeeseyNeesey member
    All my details on meds are in my siggy. I had positives with iuis 4 and 8. Progesterone support on all because of lpd. Because of that, I never had symptoms that I couldn't attribute to my period. I got positives on 11 and 12 dpiui. Good luck and hope you'll be over here soon.
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time

• 1) On what IUI (ie 2nd/3rd/etc) did you get your BFP? IUI 3.1 w/ Femera and injects. I had 3 follies. We are MFI. Post wash count was 4.2mil & we are having twins! 

2) Did you have any unusual symptoms leading up to BFP? I actually had sore boobs starting around 5dpiui. Sore boobs were mostly rare for me, but I did get them on one BFN cycle.

3) How many days past IUI did you get your BFP? 12 dpiui.. I really had no symptoms. I felt fine. I usually wait to test until 14 dpiui, but I woke up and sneezed and felt two stabbing pains in my pelvin region. So I tested. It was blaringly positive.

I wish you the best of luck and if you want to chat about anything, feel free to ask!

****siggy warning****

Me 29/ DH 28
    DH- MFI (low count, 2-3% morph)

IUI #1 January - Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 February - Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel: BFP 1st beta-25, 2nd beta-56, 3rd beta-45, miscarriage
    IUI #3 April - CD3 U/S 4-10. Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel CD11 - Cancelled.. TI w/5 follicles-BFN
    IUI #3.1 May - CD3 U/S 5-6, Follistim start 5-11 thru 5-17, u/s 5-18 3 mature w/ a close 4th, IUI 5-20 - BFP!
                 Beta #1 12dpo - 164 & progesterone - 89!, Beta #2 16 dpo - 1189, 5w3d - u/s shows TWINS!
                 6/19- u/s showed heartbeats! Baby A 111 & Baby B 118, both measuring 6w1d
                 7/3- Baby A hb 170, Baby B hb 166 - both measuring perfect.
                 7/18 - Baby A 165, Baby B 171 - both measuring right on track & moving all around!

Pregnancy Ticker

• 1) On what IUI (ie 2nd/3rd/etc) did you get your BFP?   - I got pregnant on my first IUI.

2) Did you have any unusual symptoms leading up to BFP?  - I did not have anything to compare my experience/symptoms to.  I felt bloated, crampy and fat, but that was about it. 

3) How many days past IUI did you get your BFP? - I took a HPT on day 11 - NEGATIVE.  I took another HPT on day 12 - NEGATIVE.  I wanted to be prepared for when I went in for my beta (mandatory with my RE).  Imagine my shock when my nurse called me on beta afternoon test day (day 13) and said I was pregnant. 

Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

• Hi.. We just found out last week that our IUI worked.

1) On what IUI (ie 2nd/3rd/etc) did you get your BFP?   This was our 2nd IUI. The first one was supposed to be back-to-back, but I cancelled the 2nd one. But they only did the early insemination, not the one 36 hours later..
    This one we did femera with menopur and got 3 follicles. (We previously did 5 IVF cycles, so there was a lot of history on how I respond)

None- not even any of the normal progesterone symptoms

On day 11 it was stark white- on day 12 it was very, very faint.
    ***WARNING***

TTC Since 12/2008;  DH: 32, Azoospermia     me: 33, DX during IVF #4: Low AMH (Normal FSH) / SER due 
    to IVF Meds (causing failure to fertilize) Recent DX: Hashimoto's, Lupus Anticoagulant, White Blood Cell Disorder 
    High ANA, ATA, & APA, PAI-1 Heterozygous= blood clotting disorder; connective tissue disorder 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 2/2011     IVF w/ ICSI #2 5/2011    IVF w/ ICSI #3 12/2012   *New RE* IVF w/ ICSI #4  5/2013
    IVF w/ ICSI #5 8/2013 (Natural Cycle- No drugs)- One follicle->one blast. CCS normal. FET 9/10- 6BB blast. m/c @ 5w
    IUI #1 12/23- BFN  IUI #2 Cancelled (ovulated during AF)  Prep:CoQ10 (300 mg); DHEA (25 mg); Melatonin (3 mg), Folgard 2.2, Metformin 500 2x, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Aspirin 81mg w/ calcium, B12,  Vit. D 4000 & Prenate Elite Daily; Cabergoline 1/2 pill 2x week-  Cycling: Estrace Priming; Prednisone 10mg, Lovenox 40mg 2x,  Femera & Menopur   
    IUI #2.1 6/30 & 7/1. 1st Beta: 90 (7/15); 2nd Beta: 226 (7/17); 3rd Beta: 766   EDD: 3/23/2015

**ALL WELCOME**                                    My Blog 

• 1) I got my BFP on IUI#2. I had 3 follies.

2) I didn't have any unusual symptoms.

3) I got my BFP 9DPIUI. I knew the trigger was out of my system and it was a legit BFP because on IUI#1 I tested out my trigger. Plus I tested on 6DPIUI and it was out....

I had OHSS. I couldn't imagine mistaking it for being pregnancy symptoms. However, mine was pretty severe.
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"