September 2012 Moms

Labeling kids stuff

If you use clothing labels for your kids stuff (and your kids get each other's hand-me-downs) do you just get them with your last name or do you get each kid their own labels and change them out.

I know I'm way overthinking this, but DD will be starting some programs this year and I don't want her stuff getting lost. I was planning on getting each kid their own shoe labels (I doubt we will be able to hand down) and then just our last name for things like coats and hats (I think these will be handed down for the most part).

What label brand do you like?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Labeling kids stuff

• hmp1hmp1 member
    I have Name Bubbles, love them. Because our last name is so so common, each kid has their own. If we had a more unique last name, I would have just done the last name. However, the sheets and blankets that get used by both kid just have one name on them. All the teachers know that they are brothers since they go to the same school.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Per hmp1's suggestion (I think when our little ones were newly born!) I bought some Name Bubbles too.  They've worked great, including on blanket tags that get washed weekly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We have Name Bubbles too. I got the small square ones that go on labels. I just put our last name since we are definitely the only ones and I'll leave them on in case we have another kiddo. 

For his food container labels, I went with the ones with his full name and the dry-erase surface since it was required to have name, date, etc. 

• Back when our babies were starting daycare @hmp1 suggested only using your last name in case you pass the clothes down.  Glad I listened!  ;) 

I used Label Daddy I bought a couple groupons and got them on the cheap.  No complaints but I really only went that route because of the groupon.  I've heard great things about Mabels Labels.

• danabsddanabsd member
    edited July 2014
    Speakng of Label Daddy -- $25 for $50

• We use mabels labels and love them. I got the small labels with first name last initial and put them in everything. They hold up well in the laundry and dishwasher.
  • I've used Mabel's Labels and Oliver's Labels. I liked OL better but both are good. I use their first and names but we don't get a lot of hand me down opportunities with them.
  • Thanks @BeebopandBuddy‌, Oliver's labels looks like I can get exactly what I want (personalized for each kid and family labels) for the best price and only get what I need!
  • another vote here for label daddy.  i love those labels and for some reason those bad boys seems to hold.  in two years i have had one come off and i use them on everything.  All my son's clothes (and they get washed a lot - he is a messy eater!)  his cups and containers for school, lunch bags etc.  

i also have had several complements on them from his teachers at school, since they have stayed put.  They also did pull right out of his clothes and didn't leave marks (as saved some his things that weren't too worn for sale at consignment sales)

I also have been vigilant about finding the deals on living social and groupon and buying them then.
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Mabel's Labels are my favorite, but they make a tape for the P touch labeler that works wonderfully as well. I splurged and got each kid the Mabel's and fill in with the label maker.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @AKB090609‌ I loved the design on the Olive ones and got some on a terrific sail. They didn't stick very well and lasted less than a month on all but one of the items labeled. I'd get those with a sale and some others that appeal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Am I the only one that doesn't label their kids clothes?! When Emma and Beckett were in preschool I would write their name on their jacket tags with a Sharpie. I'm the worst.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • jenndub said:
    Am I the only one that doesn't label their kids clothes?! When Emma and Beckett were in preschool I would write their name on their jacket tags with a Sharpie. I'm the worst.
    The location DD is attending requires that a printed (not handwritten) label be adhered to all coats and shoes. Otherwise I might try sharpie on some of the stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"