Postpartum Depression
Options

Bad days

I have good and I have bad days. Yesterday was good, today is bad. I woke up, yet again, physically ill from all the anxiety but up inside me and threw up. I haven't been eating so throwing up doesn't really amount to much, but it still happens. I called on my in-laws to take LO for the day. Felt guilty about that. Does anyone else find it helpful to get away from LO to help recover, or is my pushing him away going to hinder things?

Re: Bad days

• Options
    flclflcl member
    You probably can't help it but try not to feel guilty about taking care of yourself.  It's the only way you'll be able to take care of LO.  Do you feel bonded with LO?  Do you feel like you just need to get away for a bit or do you actually feel like you're pushing him away?  There are times where I can't wait to get out but when I do, I miss him and can't wait to get back.  I struggle with that.  Are you talking to anyone?  I would encourage you to do so if you haven't already.  Getting physically ill is a clear sign for me to call someone.
  • Options
    I have sought out help and am getting it- meds and therapy. I just had such a rough start this morning, as I do many mornings, but this was the first time I actually asked someone to take LO so I could try to feel better/have a break. Thank you for your replies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At the beginning, I was having so much trouble, that my doctor's orders were to not be left alone with DD. If I couldn't take care of myself, I couldn't take care of her. My dad or MIL would come over while DH went to work. Sometimes I slept, sometimes I sat around, sometimes I did things around the house. It took quite some time before I felt comfortable taking care of DD by myself.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• Options
    ITs actually very important to know when to ask for help!!! If you keep it in and also don't tell people you can do more harm to yourself mentally. I always found having people around me and LO helped best, some Moms prefer time alone. I hardly think asking once is bad at all. Most moms without PPD even do it! Remember you will get better! Ask for help when you need it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"