May 2014 Moms

Lullabies

Since I'm up again tonight...
What are your 'go to' lullabies? Classic? Pop so songs? Oldies but goodies?

Re: Lullabies

• apinkpelicanapinkpelican member
    edited July 2014
    Our favorites are:
    - Too Ra Lu
    - Baby of Mine (from Dumbo even though it makes me cry)
    -Autum to May (Peter Paul Mary)
    - By Your Side (Sade)
    - 3 Little Birds (Bob Marley)
    - Any current pop song that's in my head (currently stay with me - yes I know it's about a one night stand!)
    - Old country songs (mostly Garth Brooks)
  • Loading the player...
  • "Jesus Loves Me" and "Soft Kitty" :)

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• @yayglitter‌ whatever works! I sang a really inappropriate 90s rap song to her the the other day and she was out like a light :)
  • Just this week I was looking up the words to some classics, instead of filling in my own and was surprised at how depressing some are. I guess my parents left out some of the words to Oh my darling Clementine, lol. But Somewhere of the Rainbow and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star are some of my favs.
  • @yayglitter‌ so I just sang 'Call Me Maybe' while trying to put her down for her nap. She went from crying, to laughing at me, to zonked out! LOL
  • KellyQ116 said:

@yayglitter‌ so I just sang 'Call Me Maybe' while trying to put her down for her nap. She went from crying, to laughing at me, to zonked out! LOL

Who knew Carly Rae Jepson would have such an effect on babies? Lol
  • Lild09Lild09 member
    Love fall out boy lullaby

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lild09Lild09 member
    Oh and I tend to sing hymns and church worship songs too lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My 8 year old nephew loves to sing soft kitty to my son. I taught it to him
    about a year ago and I was shocked he remembered it. Pandora also has a lullaby station that I love. It is a lot of instrumental versions of hit songs. Plus some Disney ones. We play it with every bath
  • Somewhere over the rainbow, What a Wonderful World and one my mom used to sing to me but I don't know what it's called;

"Tell me why the stars do shine, tell me why the ivy twines, tell me why the sky so blue, and I will tell you just why I love you.
    Because God made the stars to shine, because God made the ivy twine, because God made the sky so blue, because God made you that's why I love you."
    Anyone know it?

I have also resorted to just humming so I don't have to think if words and can make up a tune. Now shushing works the best which means I don't have to think. :-)
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Krisd6Krisd6 member
    edited July 2014
    You are my sunshine :)
  • drjwjdrjwj member
    I just you tubed Baby Mine from Dumbo after reading your comments and now I'm bawling!
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love this post! So many good ideas.
  • My night time favorites are
    Dream a little dream of me
    -Mamas and the Papas
    Go to sleep you lil baby
    -Soggy bottom boys
    &Baby Mine always makes me cry too!!!

But we sing Raffi everyday for playtime. She frickin loves Raffi...
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Ocoma said:
    Does Fancy count? 

I can't get the stupid song out of my head.
    Reba McEntire? The country song?
    Who dat, who dat. I-G-G-Y.
  • My little man loves when I sing fancy I'm sure he think "this lady is crazy"
  • Whatever is on the radio. Each of the boys have radios in their rooms.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Since DS was born my DH has sung Pink Floyd songs to him. He doesn't know why, but it has stuck. We both play/sing The Beatles, Yellow Submarine or Hey Jude which we actually sing Hey Jack.
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cnbeancnbean member
    I don't sing to my boys to get them to sleep. But when I do sing to them during the day its usually hymns. Although DS1's favorite seems to be "Just you Wait" from the musical My Fair Lady. Totally inappropriate, but he just giggles so much.
    image    image

• We listen to Rockabye Baby and Twinkle Twinkle Little Rockstar albums of artists I love. They have so many.. Beatles, Muse, Queen, Foo Fighters.. The list goes on. Or I sing her whatever pops into my head. 
  • I sing songs I used to sing to the girls when I was a counselor at Girl Scout camp...

House at Pooh Corner
    Baby's Boat
    Barges (I always have to look up the lyrics though, I can never remember the verses) glad to hear @katsmewsings‌ and @sticky11‌ love that one too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• You are my sunshine, I can't remember all the words but I hum mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird.
    And I sing me and my husband's wedding some 1000 years part two by Christina perri. And a few beatles songs.
  • @MK1013 It hadn't even occurred to me to check Pandora!! I just added those lullaby stations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"