Infertility
Options

~~August Tropical Ovaries Check-In! 7/16~~

gsanchogsancho member
edited July 2014 in Infertility

**A weee bit early again, since I've had some things come up and won't be around my computer tomorrow.  But we'll be back on schedule next week!

Welcome to the August Tropical Ovaries Check-In!!!  Check-ins will be every Monday (sweetsurrender9) & Thursday (gsancho). 

This is a check-in for those who are doing IVF/IVM or FET with an ER/ET scheduled for August. If you are interested in joining, please fill us in on your cycle below.  Please include what cycle number this is for you, where you are in the process, when you expect to start stims, and when you're planning on retrieval and transfer.  (Also, please update us along the way!)

Badge link: https://i61.tinypic.com/34zll06.jpg

QOTD: What's been the funniest question you have gotten about IVF?

FET Cycle

Aimothy FET#1

gsancho FET#1

LundleBean FET#1

MeatandBandP FET#1

TheNaijaGal FET#2

Stimming/Priming/Monitoring

alpCRNA IVF#1

Cindal IVF#1 (natural cycle)

Prep (CD1/Lupron/Waiting on CD1)

Andy99 IVF#1

angjohns99 IVF#2

AshleyS131 IVF#1

AuroraP725 IVF#2

Buttmonkey34 IVF#1

Canuck13 IVF#1

CaringCat IVF#3

ChristieH917 IVF#2

Frenchteachermama IVF#1

heatherrb23 IVF#1

Kinderteach78 IVF#1

LeggyJeggy IVF#5

ronniesgirl1981 IVF#2

sweetsurrender9 IVF#1

tifga IVF#1

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)

Re: ~~August Tropical Ovaries Check-In! 7/16~~

• Options
    Taking Lupron, so not much exciting stuff going on yet.

QOTD: My friend asked why I only had 8 eggs left in me when I'm 32.  He thought when you do IVF, they just take all eggs you will ever have out.  Lordy, would that be depressing!  Ironically enough, I probably tell him more about our IF and all our appointments & progress...but I gave him a pass b/c being gay, he probably blocks out anything I say in relation to lady parts and female anatomy.

• Options
    Good morning ladies...  I am just waiting.  This whole process is a whole bunch of hurry up and wait.   I finished up my Estrace and Prometrium.  Once AF shows up I can call in for my meds.  Since my clinic does cycles in groups, I will being going back to Estrace for a short time until I line up with the other women in the August group.  

QOTD:  My grandma and I have always been super close.  I was never close with my mom and I haven't talked to her in years. My grandma is 87 years old and going deaf.  I sat down with her and tried to explain the whole IVF process.  I am pretty sure I was almost yelling and loud enough for the whole block to hear me.  At the end she said "Are you have sex often enough?"  

I think we have all heard that question enough times, but coming out of my grandma's mouth, I just about died in laughter. Something tells me either didn't hear me or just really understand the process. 
    I am 37 and DH is 40
    10/2012 Start TTC
    09/2013 Finally got to see the RE 12/2013 HSG-both tubes clear
    01/2014 Large Cyst Removed along with right ovary and tube
    04/2014 2nd HSG-Remaining tube damaged/blocked
    05/2014 Testing cycle and BCP to prep for IVF
    06/2014 IVF cycle #1 is scheduled cancelled due to low estrogen
    07/2014 Started Estrace to help with my estrogen issues
    08/2014 IVF cycle #2 is scheduled delayed
    09/2014 IVF cycle #2 is scheduled failed- 6 follicles, 1 retrieved, 0 fertilized
    10/2014 WTF scheduled for 10/22 and second opinion scheduled for 10/10
    11/2014 Moving on to the new RE!  
    01/2015 IVF cycle #3 is scheduled delayed
    02/2015 IVF cycle #3 is scheduled

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kinderteach78Kinderteach78 member
    edited July 2014
    I am waiting on AF so I can start BCP! (I've been waiting forever!) just finished last provera on Saturday and I'm hoping it's soon :)

QOTD: I was explaining the process to my younger brother the other day. He asked if the fertilized egg stays in the lab until it's a baby! Yikes! LOL =))
    ***BFP warning***
    Me (36) and  DH (34) married August 2010
    TTC since January 2010
    HSG in July 2011 found uterine polyps
    Surgery Sept 2011 to remove polyps
    Tried Clomid (monitored) Oct-Feb 2012
    Consult with RE April 2012
    Diagnosis ~ unexplained infertility
    May 2012 IUI-BFN 
    April 2014- IVF consult with RE
    May 2014- baseline~21 follicles, High FSH and estradiol
    IVF #1 Aug 2014~Lupron trigger protocol (Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide)
    Stimmed for 9 days, trigger on 8/20~ 32-36 follicles seen, 16 measured on each side
    ER~ 8/22 ~ 36 follicles retrieved! 21 Mature, 17 ISCI'd
    8/27~Day 5 transfer of 2 BB blasts, 1 to freeze
    9/9~ BFP!! Beta #1- 978
    9/11~ Beta #2- 1965
    9/15~ Beta #3-7480
    1st ultrasound 9/24

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options
    Still trucking along with BCPs! Baseline is Sunday. QOTD: I don't really share much IRL, but I explained everything about IVF to my best friend. At the end, she asked me when we were supposed to have sex.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Options
    tifgatifga member
    Today is cd2 tomorrow is my baseline and I believe I will start my meds on Sunday. 

QOTW: We haven't told anyone we are doing IVF, but I feel like I had a dumb moment when it didn't occur to me because we are doing a freeze all and then a FET that we would have to pay for the FET.
    me 33- everything looks good
    mister 34- PCD zero motilty 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IUI#5 April 6th prometrium-BFN
    IUI #6 cancled ovulated too early
    IVF# 1 July
    ER: Aug 3rd: 18R 15M 14F
    10 embryos frozen
    ET: Oct. 7th 1x5BA blast-BFN
    ET: Jan 9th 1x3AA blast- Beta 1/21

imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    CindalCindal member
    Still waiting for cd1 so I can get the ball rolling. Why is that when you're ready for AF she's always late and when you really don't want to see her she's right on time.
    QOTW: I haven't had any really funny comments yet. But a few less than stellar ones from my mom. 'Explain to me again why you have to take all this medicine. Why isn't one egg enough?' and 'I really think this is an awful lot to do JUST to have a baby.' Aww thanks mom glad you've got my back 8-I  Oh I almost forgot this one from my brother 'Why don't you just go out and find someone you know that kinda looks like him. You don't have to tell your husband if you don't want to." WTH I kinda just wanted to smack him for that one.

TTC since March of 2012
    Me: 27 Dh: 35 Testing Begins 3/5/13
    Six SA's show DH has low numbers across the board = severe MFI
    Genetic testing for me = MTHFR+, also carrier for blood clotting disorder Otherwise all else normal
    Dh's karotype= Normal!!
     Mini-IVF/ICSI - July -August 2014 - 1R,M,&F Transferred 1 Grade 1 Morula-5dt - BFFN

• Options
    Lurking .... I hope no one minds but I have a question.

@tifga‌ I did a freeze all too in June because we were doing genetic testing and doing a FET in August. My clinic isn't charging me for the FET because I didn't do my fresh transfer they said it's covered. So I don't think that was a dumb assumption on your part.

What is the norm for this type of situation? Do you have to pay for the FET?
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    TheNaijaGalTheNaijaGal member
    edited July 2014
    Hello. I am doing a natural cycle, so nothing happening till my period starts in Aug.

Oh yea correction on the list. This will be FET #2 for me. Also, how do I attatch the badge to my signature?

QOTW: I haven't told anyone also, so can't contribute :-(
    Me: 36 DH:35
    Married 3 years

Diagnosed with hypothyroidism and antiphospholipid syndrome

4/22-FET #5 of 2 6D embryos 
    BFP- beta#1 9dp6dt 340, beta#2 13dp6dt 2487
    5/14-US #1- 1 bean @ 110 bpm
    5/28-US #2
    EDD- January 8, 2016

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm prepping for IVF #1, just started BCP and seeing RE on 7/28 to figure out what's next. They did give me a list of meds that they're planning to order when my insurance authorization comes through, but I can't remember which (except the PIO, because I'm scared after seeing the size of that needle in a training video - yikes).

Can't participate in QOTW because my husband doesn't want to tell anyone we're doing this.
  • Options
    I had my baseline appointment today.  My US showed a cyst,but it has not grown and they think it is actually on my fallopian tube.  My estrogen was good and low.  So, I stopped birth control and am suppose to start Gonal-f and low dose Hcg injections on Sunday.  This means I had to write a pretty check to officially pay for IVF and am trying to order a couple thousand dollars worth of meds.  OOP sucks!  On a positive note, I am excited to get started.  My daily monitoring appointments will begin Wednesday.  Egg retrieval should fall in the week of July 28th.
    Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
    Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
    imageimage
  • Options
    I forgot the QOTW.

My mother asked me several times if I wanted her to be a surrogate for me.  Considering a surrogate would in no way help and my mother is an educated woman I found this comical.
    Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
    Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
    imageimage
  • Options
    tifgatifga member
    @Pintobean39

My husband talked to the financial coordinator (I am not invited to these conversations and am only given the basic idea of what happened because money increases my anxiety) but because we won't be doing the second half of the cycle we will be saving some money there but we still have to pay for the FET a month later. 
    me 33- everything looks good
    mister 34- PCD zero motilty 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IUI#5 April 6th prometrium-BFN
    IUI #6 cancled ovulated too early
    IVF# 1 July
    ER: Aug 3rd: 18R 15M 14F
    10 embryos frozen
    ET: Oct. 7th 1x5BA blast-BFN
    ET: Jan 9th 1x3AA blast- Beta 1/21

imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Waiting until our meds get here and CD#1 arrives.  I can't believe we're going to be good to go after all!!  (That being said, I'm not changing my group badge until my meds arrive and everything is perfectly situated.  ;))

QOTW:  I haven't gotten a lot of funny comments about IVF.  However, I've had people ask me if I needed a surrogate, or if we need donor sperm.  I'm not sure why people think that's funny, but it annoys me to no end.

image     image

Me (34): MTHFR, PCOS, Endo, left salpingectomy due to hydrosalpinx, 
    hypothyroidism, low AMH (0.26)/normal FSH/average AFC of 12

Him (33): No known issues

November 2013-March 2014: Natural cycles
    April 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
    May 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
    July 2014:  IVF class -- Check!
    Holy crap.  Unmedicated BFP 7.22.14.  EDD 4.01.15.
    Best April Fool's Day ever!
    Now on Lovenox, prenatals, Vitamin D,
    Folic Acid, and Synthroid.
    Please be our take home baby.

• Options
    I had a day 21 Baseline ultrasound yesterday to check my lining and I guess to make sure all looks good to start. Also paid for $3000 worth of meds :S I will get my period next week, go on day 2 for baseline and start taking Puregon/Menopur...yikes. It's really happening! I can't think of anything for the QOTW, but am enjoying reading all your "funny" comments.

Me: 37 | DH: 41
    TTC Since 2011 DX: Unexplained 
    IUI's #1 - 3 = BFN
    IVF August 2014: FSH 4.1, PRL 15.3, TSH 2.1, W/ AFC 8.
     08/03 ER 5R, 4M, 3F. 08/08 5DT of 1-3AA0, 2 frozen :) bfp @9dp5dt. Beta on 08/20 = 414.
    So excited to have one little bean on the way!!

• Options
    Nothing too exciting happening here. I had our nurse consult yesterday, where we went over how many we plan to transfer/thaw and which med plan will be going with.  I get do to the lovely PIO shots this time.  All is set to start on July 30, as long as my SHG is clear on the 28th.  AF arrived today, so I'm praying for lots of cramps and clots. How the times have changed!

QOTW: I can't think of anything humorous that others have said to me.
    Siggy/Ticker Warning

IVF #1: August 2012 Lupron Protocol | 8R 8M 8F |Transfer 2|BFN
    IVF #2: April 2014 Antagonist Protocol|12R 11M 10F|Transfer 2|BFP | m/c 5.8.14 
    FET#1: Transfer Day 8/29 | BFP | Beta 1: 302 Beta 2: 732
    U/S shows two beautiful heartbeats at 122!!
    Lost Baby B at 9 weeks 
    Baby A is our stubborn little fighter with a heartrate of 169!

Team BLUE!

• Options
    Hi ladies! I'm starting back up (hopefully) August 1st! This is my second round of IVF after my first was cancelled due to taking too long to respond to meds. I was benched for 3 months after they found an ovarian cyst and I will be going in next Wednesday for an ultrasound to make sure it has shrunk and I can start my next round! I'm nervous/excited to get going again.

QOTD: my weirdest/funniest IVF question was actually from my husband during my first round and I was obviously hormonal and got snippy with him and he asked me "is this the time that the nurse said to tread lightly?" Haha
    Me (27), DH (27) 1 fur baby
    TTC Sept '11
    Found ovarian cyst Sept '12
    surgery to remove cyst and diagnose endometriosis Jan '13
    Lupron injections Feb '13-July ' 13
    TTC on own July-November '13
    IUI #1 January '14-BFN
    IUI#2 February'14 cancelled due to not responding to Clomid
    IVF #1 cancelled 4/28/14 due to not responding to meds and not enough follicles
    IVF #2- BFP due May'15

• Options
    Andy99Andy99 member
    edited July 2014
    Hi Ladies

I'm not only new to the whole IVF business but also to this forum.  We will be doing our first IVF/ICSI cycle in August and I'm (im)patiently waiting for AF to start round about the 5th.  I'm hoping the learn a lot from all you ladies before then.

We haven't told many people about our fertility problems, so I can't add to the QOTD, but I love reading your funny comments.

Oh, I'm from South Africa and looks like you guys have a much more "involved" procedure than us.  So I'll let you know what happens when for me when I eventually get there.

TTC since 2009

IVF/ICSI #1 - August 2014  Failed
    3 Mature Eggs - No fertilization

IVF/PICSI #2 - September 2014  BFP!!!
    Beta 26/09 = 22, 29/09 = 82, 3/10 = 906 
    First scan 17/10 @ 6w3d

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hey Ladies!
    Can't believe I missed the first check-in! I will be doing a freeze all and if all goes as planned, a transfer the following cycle. Just waiting for day 1 to get started. This will be IVF #3.

QOTW: I was talking with my husband's cousin about IVF. She and her partner don't plan to have kids so without even thinking she blurted out, "well I won't be needing my eggs and I would totally give them to you!" For a second I was like "that's amazing! Really?!"... I think we both realized in the same moment how wrong that would be! Cousin-cousin baby! :D
    "Will you be my Valentine?" 2/14/2004 "Will you marry me?" 7/4/2008 "Wanna get a cat?" 7/4/2010 TTC #1 since 2/2011 Me: 28 DH: 29 2 Cycles Femera, 4 IUIs, IVF#1 (BNF), IVF#2 (BFN).

• Options
    Would it be ok if I joined you guys?  I'm not a regular poster on this board but I am doing my first IVF cycle in August and would love your support.  If I'm not in the right place please tell me!!!

I had my SIS and mock transfer last week and got the call on Friday that I will be put on a testosterone patch for 2 weeks starting next Thursday to help "maximize my performance".  I have my teaching appointment on Tuesday but I think I'll be starting my Lupron on August 6th and Gonal F on August 8th.  ER should be around August 18th.  We're going to be doing IVF/ICSI/PGD testing.  

QOTW:  Only 3 people in my life know I'm doing IVF so I haven't had many silly comments.  I just want to keep this part of my life private for the moment.  

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    AF showed up 4 DAYS EARLY so I'm looking at an ~Aug. 4th transfer now.  Next appt. isn't until the 26th, and I start tracking O on the 24th.  

QOTD:  I can't think of any of the specific questions I've gotten.  More of them are annoying than humorous.  (Questions from people who really want to know the answer aren't annoying; questions from people who think it's necessary to make conversation about something they know nothing about are annoying.)
    Siggy Warning BFP/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 30, DH 30 Started TTC 7/2009
    9/2010 SA=Normal 9/10 HSG Dx Both tubes dilated; Rx bilateral salpingectomy & IVF; 9/2010-12/2012 Financial break
    1/2013 Bilateral Salpingectomy 5/2013 Recent SA shows borderline morphology
    5/2013 IVF w/ ICSI #1 6/25/13 ER=11R 9M 9F  6/28/13 3dt of 2 embies (8B & 6A-); no frosties: BFN
    10/2013 IVF w/ ICSI #2 11/12/13 ER= 9R 6M 6F  11/15/13 3dt of 2 embies (8A & 8A) 3 frosties (2 day-5, 1 day-6)
    11/22/13 (7dp3dt) +hpt  11/26/13 (11dp3dt) BFP Beta=141 11/28/13 Beta 2= 372 EDD 8/5/2014
    3/20/14 Fetal Demise 20 wks F/L 17 wks D&E attempted 3/21/14 & 3/22/14 Born Still 3/23/14  I love you B.T.
    "Sometimes you try your hardestbut things don't work out the way you want them to." –Nani (Lilo & Stitch)
    “All I can say is, it's a sort of kinship, as though there is a family tree of grief. On this branch, the lost children, on this the suicided parents, here the beloved mentally ill siblings. When something terrible happens, you discover all of the sudden that you have a new set of relatives, people with whom you can speak in the shorthand of cousins.” ― Elizabeth McCracken
    imageimageimage
    8/2014 FET 8/7/14 Transferred 1 5-day blast (4AA): BFN
    TTCAL September Siggy Challenge:  Animals in Clothing

Will add soon

**All AL/AIF Welcome**
  • Options
    @frenchteachermama of course you are welcome!  I added you to the list.

• Options
    Hello Ladies, I'm waiting for AF to arrive so I can get this show on the road and start IVF# 2!!! I have DOR  so I have decided to do embryo banking. I'm going to be doing a traditional protocol for IVF #2. I did a low stim protocol using menopur for IVF#1, my eggs grew very slowly and I stimmed for longer than average so we are switching it up! 

QOTD: I don't know if this qualifies as a question but it is def a silly comment. "You were a party animal in college. Do you think drinking Grey Goose killed all your eggs?" " I don't understand why you can't just do it the old fashioned way....... you still have a period right?" From my Mother  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"