Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

SCREAMING before bed...

Our LO will be 7 months next week. He has slept through the night since about 8 weeks.. sleeping 9-11 hours usually. He is SO happy during the day. Laughs and plays and has been like that since day one. For the past two weeks or so when it gets to be about 9 he starts SCREAMING. We have had the same nighttime routine of bath bottle and then turning the lights down for months now and he always got sleepy, we laid him down, and he was out. But now about 9:00 before we even lay him down he is so upset. Won't take a bottle, won't play, doesn't want to be held or laid down... And it lasts for an hour to two! He finally just gives up and passes out.. but sleeps all night! We just had a dr appt so I know he has no ear infection (which he has had 3..) and I have tried teething tablets thinking maybe his gums are the problem.. ANY ideas??

Re: SCREAMING before bed...

• Options
    We are having a similar issue. DD is about 6.5 months. She sleeps for about an hour and then screams. The past two nights she has slept on DHs chest on the couch. We had our 6 month well visit today and the doctor was leaning towards teething as her ears looked good as well. She suggested Tylenol, so that is what we are going to try. Good luck.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• Options
    roo1ooroo1oo member
    It may be separation anxiety, as he knows you're about to leave him to go to sleep. Reassure but don't let this become a pattern. Keep on following the routine and try to lay him down. I know its a touchy subject but are you opposed to letting LO cry in his crib? Because if he's crying either way perhaps he'll cry for less time if you put him in his crib. I've found with my LO that he may start crying and complaining right before I put him to bed, especially when he's over tired. But if I still follow the routine and put him in his crib, he cries for far less time than if I continue to hold him. For some reason me lingering or trying to comfort makes the crying worse.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @roo1oo yes we do let him cry it out... I usually won't let him go longer than about 10/15 minutes depending on how severe his crying is.. last night he was coughing he was crying so hard!! :(
  • Options
    @lbs2012 we have tried earlier but it always ends up as a nap and hes awake again in an hour or two?! We think it is late as well but he is also sleeping until 9/10 AM. Can't seem to break that?

And @aditigirl yes we do all of that.  :(
  • Options
    @lbs2012 oh yes, wide awake. Last night we ate, had a bath, had a bottle and then fell asleep about 730. Then at about 915 he woke up ready to play! We kept the lights down, TV low, had some of a bottle and then he was crawling and playing! Finally laid him down about 11 and he screamed for an hour.. i rocked him, rubbed his back, let him lay with us in bed.. He finally fell asleep while I was standing rocking him. He naps about 2-3 times a day but usually only 30 minutes or so. 24 hour sleep is about 12/13 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"